Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

Aaaarrrgghhhh, cannot wait a moment longer, had to get a cutter NOW!

Darn it, I was hoping to get the new LP3 unit when it became available for sale, but since I sold my MH last week, I'm sitting here without a cutter at all. Some jobs are drifting in (even though I moved out of my storefront location, some repeat clients want things done, and I'll be able to accomplish them in my garage in the meantime) and I bit the bullet and ordered the SC2.

I also added the optional Media Basket with my order, since I do long jobs (for banners) and I like to keep the vinyl off the floor.

With shipping and the 34" SC3 Sale Price with the catch-basket kit, my order came out to $420.  (I have 3 jobs now pending for more than that!)

Once again, USCUTTER comes through.

• Like 2

Sorry if it offends you.

But it is like taking a knife to a gun fight.

You claim big jobs, but want a cheap cutter.

Quality ain't cheap. Cheap ain't quality. It shows fast.

But hey, if that is who you deal with, all the power to you.

Could carry on, but don't have to.

Been running my sign business for years, MH was sufficient, I'm gonna be fine with the upgrade to SC2, (faster/quieter, according to the promotional statements) but thanks for the concern.

20170213_151231.jpg

9 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Darn it, I was hoping to get the new LP3 unit when it became available for sale, but since I sold my MH last week, I'm sitting here without a cutter at all. Some jobs are drifting in (even though I moved out of my storefront location, some repeat clients want things done, and I'll be able to accomplish them in my garage in the meantime) and I bit the bullet and ordered the SC2.

The one thing I am most concerned about is getting the wrong blade holder included with the machine, but my fingers are crossed that it won't happen (This actually occurred with someone who posted here last month).

I also added the optional Media Basket with my order, since I do long jobs (for banners) and I like to keep the vinyl off the floor.

With shipping and the 34" SC3 Sale Price with the catch-basket kit, my order came out to $420.  (I have 3 jobs now pending for more than that!)

Once again, USCUTTER comes through.

I love mine and wow wish i was getting the jobs you were.. Right now i have nothing... this was a week w/o any income it stinks

I have been doing this for about 6 years, and have a rather extensive customer base -- including restaurants, landscapers, toy store, hair stylists, auto dealerships, auto repair & body shops, nightclubs, car washes, property management, etc etc.

The place I'm about to move into is nothing fancy, but provides me a space to work in and offers some drive-by visibility.

I'll need to get it ready over the next few weeks (electrical wiring, painting, flooring) but right now I want to get these banners done, so I'm doing them at my house in the car garage.

That Pizza restaurant banner is 4' x 9' (double sided, 18 oz. heavy duty outdoor) for $400. ---  jobs like this are out there, just go look for them and sell sell sell. Don't wait for them to come to you, be proactive and walk into businesses, that's what I do every day.

6001liberty.jpg

4 hours ago, slice&dice said:

I have been doing this for about 6 years, and have a rather extensive customer base -- including restaurants, landscapers, toy store, hair stylists, auto dealerships, auto repair & body shops, nightclubs, car washes, property management, etc etc.

The place I'm about to move into is nothing fancy, but provides me a space to work in and offers some drive-by visibility.

I'll need to get it ready over the next few weeks (electrical wiring, painting, flooring) but right now I want to get these banners done, so I'm doing them at my house in the car garage.

That Pizza restaurant banner is 4' x 9' (double sided, 18 oz. heavy duty outdoor) for $400. ---  jobs like this are out there, just go look for them and sell sell sell. Don't wait for them to come to you, be proactive and walk into businesses, that's what I do every day.

6001liberty.jpg

Oh wow, Nice. and yeah longer you done it more people you met right now no one knows who i am.

Yep.

Whenever encountering a business owner, I talk to them about needing signs. Just going into a restaurant for lunch, I'll mention that they can put up a decal with their hours on the window or door, or a decal with their website, or hang a banner for a seasonal promotion, or perhaps a wayfinder sign for their restrooms, etc. etc.

I was buying a slice of pizza at another place (different than the one above. Hey, I eat a lot of pizza during the month, what can I tell ya,  it's my weakness) and noticed there was a great 2'x8' space on the fence out front, and suggested putting up a banner. End result? $100. in my pocket and a Home-Run Special provided in the bargain.

IMG_20180324_135050.jpg

• Like 2