Charger_ff

Signblazer. Crashing

The  program keeps crashing on me.  I will be in  middle of a project and it will just suddenly crash with this error message.    What can I do?

886874D6-2D92-4E96-A1E1-77E9078D12E0.jpeg

What OS, and how much stuff is running in the background?

Unfortunately the creator of SB passed away several years ago and development of the program stopped. Outside of uninstalling it and reinstalling it I don't think there is too much you can do.

I'd suggest at the very least switching to a different program for design, Inkscape is free and very powerful, then only use SB to cut or make small quick changes to a design.

What program you suggest?   

Windows 10.  That’s the only program open at the time. Everything else is closed

SignBlazer will crash when trying to copy-paste an image from an internet webpage directly.

It is a known bug.

9 hours ago, slice&dice said:

SignBlazer will crash when trying to copy-paste an image from an internet webpage directly.

It is a known bug.

Good to know!  I've had SBD crash on me, but not because of a copy-paste issue .. since most things on the internet are raster.

" ...since most things on the internet are raster. "

Yeah, that's why I want them to appear in SignBlazer, in order to convert them to vectors.  (IMAGE menu/ Mode - Monochrome --  vectorise)

Anyway, the work-around is simple enough, just download the image and then import.

For instance --

cowboy-horse-clipart-12.jpg

41 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Yeah, that's why I want them to appear in SignBlazer, in order to convert them to vectors.  (IMAGE menu/ Mode - Monochrome --  vectorise)

Anyway, the work-around is simple enough, just download the image and then import.

For instance --

Copied image from forum, pasted into Inkscape, trace bitmap, 10 seconds.

goXguhO.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slice&dice said:

For instance --

I recently learned that SBD could raster - but then when tested, was sorely unimpressed and disappointed.

Inkscape is a far better program for vectorizing, even the simplest of designs. I've been using for years, and until someone suggests a better free program to do so, I'll be using it for years to come.

6 hours ago, Charger_ff said:

What all programs out there that are free. 

To drive the cutter, not much.  Inkscape has an Extension called plot that works with some cutters, but its not guaranteed and rather bare bones.  At least you can test it freely.

To do vector design, well Inkscape is practically it.  Gravit and Vector.io are around, libre draw is around, but Inkscape dwarfs them in my mind.