Sign in to follow this  
hinrichs

Hello from PA

New guy here from PA. My name is Jim and I have always wanted to get into sticker cutting, and finally I decided to join the band wagon. I have spent so much money over the years, it finally made sense to get my own cutter. I plan to do a lot on my race car for this season.

Ended up getting a Titan which I love so far. Working with a mac so had to go with Sure Cuts a lot Pro, and trying to figure out Adobe Illustrator. 

• Like 2

Welcome from Idaho. I'm a mac guy and AI fan so let me know if I can help you out. There is a great tutorial I put together a while back in the Adobe Illustrator section that covers the basics of what you need for design work that is prepped to cut. AI is daunting to the newbie but once you get your head wrapped around the basics it's not so bad. 

Incidentally I use SignCut Pro 1 in conjunction with AI so if you have issues with SCALP that's a better alternative. They used to package cutters with a years use of SignCut. It does not have any design capabilities but has all the bells and whistles for cutting. I think there is a new version out that has some multi-function action going on but I am so embedded with AI that I have not looked into it.