Rowdy

MH721 needs replacing

I have a MH721 CUTTER, not happy with it, I'm just a hobby person, doing small jobs for family and friends, can someone recommend an upgrade please

Thanks.....  

I am loving my 28" cuts 24" SC2 its on sale right now for $299.99 i would not hesitate to buy it again.

if your cutting very long stuff over say 2 foot long its a lil annoying to get the vinyl in it so you can feed it straight but a lil playing it can be done. I have cut up to 80 inches long 24 inches wide.

• Like 1

Buy the best thing you're comfortable affording. I have had an LP24 for a little over a decade. I decided to upgrade before it breaks (even though it shows no signs of it).

I went with a Graphtec CE6000. I wish I upgraded a long time ago. Hahaha.

• Like 1

Be a little bit patient, because the USCUTTER company is about to introduce a LaserPoint 3 machine in a short while (estimated release -- spring 2018).

That is exactly what I'm doing, waiting in anticipation.

I require a 34" unit (30" vinyl rolls) and unfortunately none of the Titan cutters are available in that size.  I was going to bite the bullet and obtain the SC2, but I figure the LP3 will be faster, quieter, more solidly-built.

Just keep nursing your MH along, and watch for the announcement of the LP3 being for sale, and see what others here say about it once we have had a chance to review it in action.

17 hours ago, Rowdy said:

I have a MH721 CUTTER, not happy with it, I'm just a hobby person, doing small jobs for family and friends, can someone recommend an upgrade please

Thanks.....  

My first question would be what is it you're not happy with? That'll determine the level of machine you'll want to look at.

• Like 1

Ever since I got it, it's a lemon I guess, loud and noisy, cutting is terrible, I replaced the blades adjusted them so much, it either cuts too much or not enough, I have played with the pressure and speed till I'm blue in the face, not a quality item in my opinion, I'm willing to spend up to 800 to get something better

If you have the money to upgrade by all means do it the MH are loud, but you should have been able to get it to cut reasonable well for hobby projects. The first step is always getting correct blade exposure. I know you said you adjusted it, but did you follow Mz. Skeeter's method you should be good to go. Then you'd want to adjust your offset and you should be cutting pretty good. If your software supports it, adding a bit of overcut would help as well.

From Mz. skeeter and the method used most for accurate blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

yes I've done that, i'm cutting 651 vinyl, I went from 45 to 60, I'm at a loss, I'm still green to the cutting and vinyl world, what do you mean by offset?

Here's a post regarding offset and overcut

If you want to continue down the road of getting the MH to work, if you could post photos of some of stuff you've tried to cut that would help as well.

I'm with you, Rowdy.

I just sold my MH871 after many years of it faithfully working to make signs, magnets & banners in a retail environment. My storefront location lease was up and I moved out.  So, in this interim while I've been looking for another space, I put the MH cutter on craigslist and said goodbye to it.

Today, I found the right spot that appeals to me for starting my business again. I'll need about 3 weeks to clean out a massive load of leftover debris from the vacant store, do some drywall repairs, a bit of electric wiring and painting, before opening.  (The new landlord is giving me two months' free rent to do all that).

I just hope that USCUTTER gets their container in from China with the LP3 units, during these next few weeks! My fingers are crossed.