Sign in to follow this  
eprcvinyls

HTV weeded ready to be press on but not sticky? in store

Okay So i got to thinking about it and ive been in 2 vinyl shops now and both of them had Cut outs of HTV of images laying on the tables for sale, but how can they sell them like that? I mean when i weed my image i just cut out its sticky, as it should be to go on the shirt. so how come theirs was not sticky and i thought once weeded it needed to go right onto the shirt. i forgot to get my press heated up and was worried about the 20 mins it take to heat up before i can put it on the shirt.

Thanks

it won't be a problem - the carrier is sticky but the adhesive on the htv is heat activated and won't be sticky to the touch

you can buy pre cut htv at many sites - the time isn't important after you weed - the heat does the work

8 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

it won't be a problem - the carrier is sticky but the adhesive on the htv is heat activated and won't be sticky to the touch

you can buy pre cut htv at many sites - the time isn't important after you weed - the heat does the work

All the ones I have weeded was sticky tho.. do they do something to the out side part of the image to make it not be sticky?  or could you just cut around the image and not have any extra

The only part of ezweed that is sticker is the carrier when weeded.  I have cut a batch and just stacked them with the carriers sticking to the backs of the previous ones and worked great.    Never seen the actual http that applies to shirts being stick, have used mainly ezweed and thermoflex

28 minutes ago, eprcvinyls said:

All the ones I have weeded was sticky tho.. do they do something to the out side part of the image to make it not be sticky?  or could you just cut around the image and not have any extra

Are you talking about the clear carrier or the HTV itself? You could trim around the HTV.

You say image. Are you meaning printed transfers?

Like this, i cut this about 2 weeks ago, they was suppose to be another part that we never got right. but i stuck this to a piece  of regular like 651 backing just so it wouldnt get all dirty, but as you see it has fingerprints probably never get used now but just was wondering how people cut stuff like this and not install right away

Thanks

20180312_195916.jpg

20180312_195924.jpg

finger prints are on the backing = the part that won't stay on shirt it will be fine

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 6:05 PM, eprcvinyls said:

Like this, i cut this about 2 weeks ago, they was suppose to be another part that we never got right. but i stuck this to a piece  of regular like 651 backing just so it wouldnt get all dirty, but as you see it has fingerprints probably never get used now but just was wondering how people cut stuff like this and not install right away

Thanks

20180312_195916.jpg

20180312_195924.jpg

I stack it up if I have multiples. Just don't stick them with the sticky side to sticky side or it can stick to the cut vinyl and pull it off the opposite carrier. If I am storing extras for any amount of time I either put a used piece on to protect it so the sticky side of the used one gets all the crap stuck to it or sometimes two pieces if I have them the right size. Two used pieces of backing stuck together so no sticky sides them stick the left over graphic on them and throw it in a storage box. (or put a piece of parchment paper on the back).  I actually keep a plastic tub built with filing hangers for paperwork and label my extra stuff by client and keep them around. I often come back to them and use the stuff later. Sometimes YEARS later. 

• Like 1

oh alright thanks. maybe they had another piece on the back and i didn't realize it.