I get a lot of people wanting a flag like the back ground with different images in the middle how do it and make it look like this vinyl master pro

I have several ppl write to me and want be same flag with a Chevy Symbol for example another person wanted a tazmanian devel kist can’t figure out how to make it and have the flag have space around image

Add a stroke, or an outline, or a contour, it could be called any of those terms(or maybe something else) depending on your software

Are you asking how to get the image in the middle with contours, already having the distressed flag or how to make the distressed flag or both?

Yes DC, that is what he is asking, I think, how to get the negative space around the image, sorry wasn't paying attention to what section i was commenting in

I already have the distressed flag trying to figure how to put images in the center of flag and have flag contour it 

I'm sorry, I don't have VM.  I could do this in CorelDraw in a pinch and in Inkscape in a few pinches, but can't say in VM.

outline, inline, delete nodes, reconnect. 

Hard to explain in words, a bit of work, but can be done.

doesn`t matter what software.

mark-s

I was bored so ......

As I said takes some work on your part.

Do out lines and in lines in white.

Turn the image to wire view-turn on connection points-delete and rejoin at points needed.

Pretty straight forward

Learn your software.

mark-s

1-1 B.jpg

Just a comment from a design stand point, do you really want the flag design showing through the skull design? Unless the skull is glass you wouldn't be able to see the stars and stripes.

Changing the design in this manor would also make the inline unnecessary and the creation of the design a bit simpler.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Just a comment from a design stand point, do you really want the flag design showing through the skull design? Unless the skull is glass you wouldn't be able to see the stars and stripes.

Changing the design in this manor would also make the inline unnecessary and the creation of the design a bit simpler.

That design is for air heads!   ;D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sean,

You will be playing with the Vector Effects button that sits on the left side and looks like a T with a shadow. I am not very handy with VM Pro but there are several options in there and one opens up the outline manager. Your skull object may need to be a single object in order to get the outlines where you want them but a little playing time and that's probably going to get you there. I will one day learn to use VM if for no other reason than to be more helpful. 

Intei we the inlim w and what I are saying I did a white outline and looked good but when I went to cut it on all black it showed 2 colors and one color was white from the outline how do I get rid of that I put cut all same color but then outline was gone

Anyone why am I seeing the white outline when trying to cut shows black flag black Honda guy and white outline of Honda guy

As a mod I have to tell y'all to be careful with copyright and trademark protected work. If we are going to be doing a show and tell/teach lets use something original please. Posting a JPG of something you are working on does not break a rule but posting actual working vector files will be a violation and I'll have to pull it down. 

• Like 1

Anyone why am I seeing the white outline when trying to cut shows black flag black Honda guy and white outline of Honda guy

Like I said it was used as a example didn’t know how  late to describe what I’m trying to do I’m not making this decal trying to figure out how to put images in the center of another decal that I’m going to make if that makes sense

2 hours ago, Seanp said:

Like I said it was used as a example didn’t know how  late to describe what I’m trying to do I’m not making this decal trying to figure out how to put images in the center of another decal that I’m going to make if that makes sense

We're good I just had to remind everyone because in the heat of the moment sometimes people forget. 

I am not at my workstation to be able to play with the settings and try and help you much.  Sorry.  VM has some pretty good tutorial videos that show how to work with objects. Post a pick of what this looks like in wire frame mode that will tell a better tale of what's actually going on with the two objects. 

• Like 1

I know what I would do in CorelDraw or Inksape, but don't know how that would go in VM.  You are getting a white area you don't want.  You want one path.  You have to take that white area and use it to trim or whatever the term is in the software your using the background.  Then there is no white.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.