A couple of weeks ago I installed my MH-871 on my old desktop with Windows XP no problems.    Today I'm trying to get my MH-871 to work on my laptop Windows 10 (64 bit)   I plugged the cutter into my USB and installed the Driver as instructed on this site,  Cutter shows up under Ports Com 5,   I didn't get the error about the driver signature so I didn't do the restart troubleshoot steps to disable the signature of the driver,   it show the drivers installed and working properly but I cannot get it to come up as a printer,   it keeps showing up under other devices 

Can someone help ?

It will never show up as a printer.

Whatever cutting software you're using, there should be a setting/configuration of some sort, where you can designate what port to use <- in the cutting software. Do you Auto, if you know the cutter is residing on Port Com 5, make sure that's what is selected.

I’m using Corel draw 2017.  

In driver instructions on this site it says that after downloading the  drivers it should move from other devices into the Printers section of the device manager 

6 minutes ago, Bunky67 said:

I’m using Corel draw 2017.  

In driver instructions on this site it says that after downloading the  drivers it should move from other devices into the Printers section of the device manager 

by golly it does say that = I would call support and ask them as I have never seen a value cutter that worked as a printer in the past 12 years.   heck I never saw one below a titan that would cut directly from coreldraw.  you had this machine cutting from corel on the other computer??

Ok so I went and did some checking under printers and devices it shows under other devices FT232R USB UART  says my driver is up to date but no luck getting the plotter to come up.

I seem to recall that the MH needs to be configured at PORT 4 or lower.

Yes I print from Coreldraw with this cutter on my XP machine all the time.    but the Cutter shows up under my Printers as US Cutter,   This one Does not it keeps showing up under other devices as FT232 USB UART.   there seems to be an issue with my laptop and the drivers  and the port or something 

that is totally new territory for me then - never had mine be able to do that 10 years ago - betting you will have to wait till next week to contact support like I suggested thursday.  unless someone else has been able to do that that shows up