eprcvinyls

How can i get these designs out of this picture?

8 hours ago, haumana said:

Inkscape rocks! And that design really should have been done in layers :(

Yeah it should had but it was created in Paint.... Ive seen some things my friend made over the years with paint its kinda amazing.. he can draw very well with a mouse. I can't

7 hours ago, dcbevins said:

Slice&Dice is stating something important.  This stuff is not push button easy.  My experience on here, everybody wants to help.  Even with a blunt statement like he made.  Most of us have years working on these skills, but many show up wanting an answer in minutes.  How do you give that?

Short sentences in a forum don't cover things like bezier curves, spiro paths, Bspline paths, 3 point paths, tapered paths, smooth, curved, straight and symmetrical nodes, guidelines, snapping, clones, rotation, duplication with transforms applied, rounded rectangles and triangles, fillet and chamfer, contours, insets and outsets, open paths vs closed paths, manual tracing vs auto-tracing, and a truck load more, many specific to specific applications.

It can't be absorbed quickly, unless your Jimmy Neutron or the like.  But all of us I bet have been under a deadline and ready or not, something has to be done.  Then, you have to just push through, learn just enough and get it done somehow.  Before you get it done, your as cranky as toothless man in a rock candy eating contest.  Afterwards your jubilant.  

But don't let cranky interfere with the message here.  This stuff goes easier with more preparation and practice.

I'm glad you found Inkscape.  Its a great program.  It and CorelDraw are my current favorites.  There is an Inkscape specific chat room on irc you can learn about on their community page.  As it's live chat it might work well for you if your stuck on a particular feature.

Most here have been very helpful, but when Im looking for answers That is what i like to get, not someone trying to tell me i shouldn't be trying to do something. If you dont try you don't learn.

You ask questions, and are willing to try - that's half the battle!

Your friend has some mad skills, I'm surprised that he's not designing in AI or PS.

At no point did I mention or indicate you shouldn't be trying or learning or figuring out the processes that are required for cut-ready vector artwork (and overcoming the pain sometimes associated with converting from pixel-based images).

What I did note was it's never a good policy to make specific deadline-based agreements with clients when you have no idea how to accomplish the task at hand.

That applies with ANY profession.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:48 PM, eprcvinyls said:

Still cant get this.. Now he wants the puzzle of the back and i just cant get it just like it is, it has round curves mine end up stright.

Is there a free program that does this eisier We need to get this finished like yesterday

The puzzle pieces, while time consuming, should be pretty easy. Start by drawing a box, then draw a circle and either weld it to the box, or cut it from the box depending on the piece you're trying to make.

If you're buddy created that in Paint, he needs to get a better program, just image what he could create with a real drawing program. :)

Capture.JPG

Thanks yall, oh he doesn't want to do the black and white pieces on the bottom, he just made those for heck of it. or when he had a different idea in mind, were just doing the lines. but he downloaded a trail of illustrator and is now seeing how hard it is to get the images just right lol