Sign in to follow this  
eprcvinyls

Best 15x15 press?

Okay so are even the cheaper Digital temp presses better then a old analog on? i seem to cant get this old one of my dads to keep the temp where i need it and its small 9x12 so limits what i can do.

i want to buy one but again can't afford $300 or more for one like to find one around $150 found loads on ebay but not sure any good. any brands I should stay away from thanks

Save up your money. IMHO $300 is a cheap press. Ha ha! The ones for $150 are all going to be clam style and most will have uneven heating. there is a budget swing style that I think runs around $350 that is a great beginner press. I realize money doesn't grow on tree's but that press can be paid for in a single decent sized job. I ran one just like it for a couple years doing fairly heavy production. 

https://uscutter.com/15-x-15-Digital-Swing-arm-Heat-Press/

guess i keep using what i am then for now. I'm broke, $800 in Vinyl cutter and material only made $100 so far.

11 hours ago, eprcvinyls said:

guess i keep using what i am then for now. I'm broke, $800 in Vinyl cutter and material only made $100 so far.

The fact that you have earned $100 is a positive thing, as you've gone from Zero to 100 in a few weeks' time only.

For a hobby, that's not too shabby. Keep at it, get your name out there, knock on doors, hand out business cards, use social media more. It'll come together, you have the skills, you have the equipment, you have the desire to get 'er done.

By the way, it might be useful for you to devote more emphasis into sign-making and banners and storefront lettering, since your HTV work is limited by the wonky functioning and small size of that older heat press.

• Like 3