yenned45

getting an error message

Greetings! i have Vinyl Master LTR. I keep getting an error message that reads : "Error saving Settings File" when I try to change "mm" to "in". Can anybody help me through this? It is a bit frustrating. Thank you!!!

You must be logged in as the same User who installed the software and that User must have full Administrator rights to write to the Windows registry. 

• Like 1

Guest Madawc

For anyone looking to do this, you can do this without needing to run as a local admin every time.

The error message states "where" it is looking for the file. Your installation may be different so check the path your error is giving you first. Mine was telling me it was looking for:

C:\ProgramData\FutureCorp\VinylMaster_USC\settings\user settings_user.vmconfig

When I looked for this file, I noticed that the settings folder didn't exist. So, I had to create the directory "settings" folder in the "VinylMaster_USC" folder. Then, I ran the application as an administrator once and made all of the default settings that I wanted such as units, page sizes, etc. Once you do that and save, it will save a .vmconfig file in the location (for me):

C:\ProgramData\FutureCorp\VinylMaster_USC\UserData\Settings\user settings_user.vmconfig

I then copied that file to the new settings folders I created in step one and logged back in with my normal user account and enjoyed my saved settings.

Guest KevinM

For anyone looking to do this, you can do this without needing to run as a local admin every time.

The error message states "where" it is looking for the file. Your installation may be different so check the path your error is giving you first. Mine was telling me it was looking for:

C:\ProgramData\FutureCorp\VinylMaster_USC\settings\user settings_user.vmconfig

When I looked for this file, I noticed that the settings folder didn't exist. So, I had to create the directory "settings" folder in the "VinylMaster_USC" folder. Then, I ran the application as an administrator once and made all of the default settings that I wanted such as units, page sizes, etc. Once you do that and save, it will save a .vmconfig file in the location (for me):

C:\ProgramData\FutureCorp\VinylMaster_USC\UserData\Settings\user settings_user.vmconfig

I then copied that file to the new settings folders I created in step one and logged back in with my normal user account and enjoyed my saved settings.

Creating the "Settings" folder fixed it for me too. Thanks Madawc!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.