Sign in to follow this  
tonestar

cutok

your image has to be traced or created as a vector graphic - raster graphics like pictures will not cut as they are made of pixels instead of the lines and nodes that vector graphics use

Step-by-step

* IMPORT (File menu) your image

* Select All (from Edit menu or  CTRL+ A  keyboard combo)

* Change Mode to Monochrome 1 bit (Image menu)

*  Perform Vectorise (Image menu again)

* Separate original and delete (keeping just the blue object)

* Clean it up (Node Editing -- double click on object OR use Edit menu = CTRL + H  keyboard combo)

• Like 2

OMG! I didn't even know (or bothered to look) that SB could vectorize. Hahaha. I've been using inkscape all this time.

Just did a quick vectorizing in SB and compared it to one I did in inkscape - there is a world of difference. Looks like I'll be sticking to the inkscape to SB.

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 8.48.57 AM.png

26 minutes ago, haumana said:

OMG! I didn't even know (or bothered to look) that SB could vectorize. Hahaha. I've been using inkscape all this time.

Just did a quick vectorizing in SB and compared it to one I did in inkscape - there is a world of difference. Looks like I'll be sticking to the inkscape to SB.

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 8.48.57 AM.png

try it in your new pro studio software :)

inkscape is popular for a reason though

While SignBlazer does indeed have the built-in Vector engine, I agree it's not very precise (fine-tuning the Monochrome 1 bit scale helps a lot).

Once I got VinylMaster, I've relied on its vector capabilities which are quite nice. After vectorizing, I just export as .eps and bring it into SignBlazer. Yeah, Yeah, I know, I gotta ditch SBE at some point and just go with VinylMaster, but I'm stuck in the cartoon-GUI interface of Jerry's creation.

sbe.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

While SignBlazer does indeed have the built-in Vector engine, I agree it's not very precise (fine-tuning the Monochrome 1 bit scale helps a lot).

Once I got VinylMaster, I've relied on its vector capabilities which are quite nice. After vectorizing, I just export as .eps and bring it into SignBlazer. Yeah, Yeah, I know, I gotta ditch SBE at some point and just go with VinylMaster, but I'm stuck in the cartoon-GUI interface of Jerry's creation.

sbe.jpg

Ditch SB? Never!! I am getting more familiar with other software, but my proficiency is still with SB (even though I didn't know if could vectorize :P).

I admit that the buttons look a little cheesy, but dang, if I don't recognize them right off the bat, and I love the right-click quick menu. SB FOREVER!! :D

• Like 2