Let's say some of you likely have been making shirts for a very long time. What would those of you that have, suggest someone starting out to stock and offer their clients?

Obviously, I'm trying not to tie a large chunk of change up in shirts that will just sit on my shelf, also what has been personal feedback on brands and size? 

Thanks, in advance!

• Like 1

About the only thing I stock are black 50/50 tee's, a few in each size. Other than that I sometimes carry a few whites as well but they are just for a certain group I do some JPSS work for which is almost always last minute so I started saving myself some headache and keep a few around. Black moves better. If they sit too lang sometimes I will give them out as promo shirts. Another thing I personally do is I usually order an extra shirt or two on any decent sized order and fold the cost into the aggregate bill so they pay for it without knowing. If I mess one up I have something to replace it even if the size if wrong it's better than nothing and if all goes well I throw it in a box for those one off jobs or more promotional gifts. 

<edit> bear in mind that I do not run a brick and mortar store with actual walk in customers. All my work is to order. 

wildgoose, 

I will be doing this by the order as well, mostly online. I just feel like customers would be more satisfied not waiting several days for processing of lets say a single or few shirts. 

I have been making decals for a long time and now have been practicing HTV and feel I am ready to put some designs out in the world. 

While getting product to the customer faster is always better, they are ordering custom shirts and a reasonable lead time should be expected. I know if I were to order a one off, I'd wouldn't expect it to get shipped for probably a week. And if you get busy enough, you can place the order for shirts, and by the time you get all the orders ahead of it done the shirts you ordered will have arrived. Ah, the benefits of being too busy.  lol

• Like 1