eprcvinyls

is there a way to cut a image out of a image in VM?

okay so i was working from a picture a friend gave me yesterday, i vetroized it and it looked good but the color was black and white to start with so trying to cut by color wouldnt work.

i guess it wouldn't pick out the light black and light white anyhow the image was a castle with a design in the center.I ended up cutting a white and black of the whole image just to get the inside piece out to put it in the white image is there a way in the soft ware to be able to like draw a box around the inside image just select it and cut just that image? hope this makes sense. this isn't the first time i wish i could do this..

There should be multiple ways to accomplish this. I don't know VM but I can tell you what to look for.

Option 1: You can node edit the image and delete all nodes you don't want.

Option 2: Most programs allow you to break apart or separate an image. You will then be able to delete the parts you don't want. In Inkscape the tool is called break apart under the path menu.

Option 3: As you said, draw a box around what you want to keep and use a tool keeps the intersection of the two objects. In Inkscape the tool is called Intersection located under the path menu

select all then go to curves. Under curves, convert to curves. with image selected tick on, the arrange tab. Then tick ungroup all. This allows you to select each part of the image . You can change each part separately, or eliminate unwanted parts.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.