jskwarek

Help with cuts not being completed

Wasn't sure if I should put this post in the hardware forum or software but figured I'd start here as I think it might be settings on the software. I have an LPII and use SCALP to send my files to cut. I've noticed since day one that if I send a cut, say a circle that the circle does not get cut completely. There's always a little "tag" where the cut wasn't complete causing weeding to be a nightmare. I recently did a large job that was a lot of letters and it was a nightmare to weed because the letters were small and these little "tags" were causing me to lift the letters while weeding.

Is there a setting in the SCALP software that I can look at to try and attempt to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance, for any advice.

Jason

look for a feature called overcut in the cutting portion of the software (NOT OFFSET - different ) overcut will have the cutter go just a bit past the end to make up for the slight tag a lot of stepper motor cutters leave.    pretty sure scalp has it - I know vinylmaster, flexi etc have it in the cut sections

That's what I was looking for. I'll take a look as soon as I'm back in front of my machine. I think I saw that setting. I tried messing with Offset and just made things worse. HA!

Thank you!
JS

I just happened to post about over cut and blade offset just the other day. See the referenced post for examples of over cut settings.

• Like 1