VinylNewbie

Stretch or Not to Stretch

Ok. So I am about to do some shirts for a client. She wanted woman's fit v-neck shirts with metallic writing. Here is my question. If i use the metallic HTV ( which i don't believe has much stretch) on the woman's fit shirts ( that will stretch when on the body) Will it make the HTV look bad.. like a pulling look when the shirts are on? I wanted to know how to advise my customer. I suggested unisex shirts to begin because of this thought but if it will be ok then i will proceed with her requested shirts.  If there is a process to doing such kind of things please advise.

Please and thank you  :)

• Like 1

It will probably show some stretch or will cause a shrink effect on the garment after it has been worn and washed. The metallic chrome or gold look great the first time but they really show wrinkles and such on a long life garment. Other colors and product choices may be smarter. If you at least give them a heads up then they won't be mad at you. I like to use stretch wherever possible and gold and silver are both available. They do not have the sheen that you get with the metallic versions or even as much sheen as you get with the non-stretch versions but hold up and look great from day one until they live out their usefulness. 

• Like 1