eprcvinyls

how to cut multi colors with VM? Help

hey everyone, I am really wanting to cut some multi color items out one being the USA flag I found a video about vectoring the flag and it picks out the 3 colors but for some reason when i do it its only showing Blue and red not the white. on that page the White has a big X all way across it, am i doing something wrong or i need a different picture before it do it?

I hope someone can help me, I really want to understand how to do things like this.. I like a Flag on a decal Im going to make.. Also how can you take a Image ( I have a Eagle ) I would like to put the flag inside of the Eagle to make him look like that.. Im sure wedding and lining up colors no fun but i hope I can learn to do that.. At least i think it can be done i seen a lady on utube doing it with a Cameo 3.

Also, can someone recommend clear transfer tape I got the greenstar layflat classic tape and it is very very hard almost inpossible to see what i am putting my decal on when im doing a back ground behind my words.

Thanks Guys and Gals.

Something like this?

Not sure the terms used in VM, but in Inkscape, I simply put the cow image on top of the flag, duplicated the cow twice so that I had 3 copies of the cow, then did an intersection merge with the each of the cows and each color.

So pick a cow and red and do an intersection and you're left with just the red part of the cow. Select another of the cow copies do it with blue and again finally with white, or you could just make the full cow white and move it behind the red and blue.

Capture.JPG

Yes something like that.. The guy on youtube told me to select the White where the X was for it to show the white but that doesn't seem to be working.

Sorry, can't help there. Don't know anything about VM. There are flag vectors all over the place though so I'd suggest looking for a vector to start with. Tracing a flag image is not going to produce great results, the stars will not have crisp sharp points and the edges of the colors will be rounded a bit.

On laying vinyls, get some parchment paper. Apply your application tape to the top layer, then peal the design off the backing, lay the parchment paper down over the background, lay the vinyl and app tape on top of the parchment paper. Slide it around to get it to line up just right then just slide the parchment paper out. A light box is also very helpful.

There is an issue with tracing white in certain artwork in the current build (it is not the previous builds), which is being fixed and will be in the next update which is expected to release next week. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VinylMaster said:

There is an issue with tracing white in certain artwork in the current build (it is not the previous builds), which is being fixed and will be in the next update which is expected to release next week. 

I think i finally got it to work, not tried to cut it yet but looked right on the screen.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.