eprcvinyls

Got my SC2 got my Vinylmater, Test cut great but how to make VM cut?

So I go my SC2 today, got my Vinylmaster software working, I got the stand put together o my gosh that was a pain any how.. I even got the blade fixed in the machine did a test cut by pushing the test cut button it cut me out a Perfect Square.. okay all of my work is in SCAL but till i get a copy of it.. im trying to do something with VM i just uploaded a simple Black image from off line to try to cut and i go to cut it first said you much Vectorize the image okay i figured out how to do that ( is the the same as trace is called in SCAL??)

I went to the Cut razor looking button to make it cut it opens another window that shows Send to be cut. I hit the Cut now button and another window pops up and says CONFIRM Cut now?

I hit Yes..and it doesnt do anything.. It now shows 3 jobs on that screen cause ive tried 3 times and its not cutting am i missing something do I need to check the Auto speed weed or any of those other things on the screen to make it work? it shows the image on the vinyl on the screen its at the corner of the vinyl.. do i need to feed more vinyl forward does it think there not enough room or what?

Please help I want to cut something today lol

It's sounds like a communication issue. You nee to check if it's using the right driver and/or using the correct communications port.

Not familiar with SCAL or VM at all, but there should be a settings (or configuration) that you could see the driver, comm port, blade offset, etc. info.

The settings/config might be in the menu after you initially send it to cut (but before you confirm it).

Sorry, I'm a steady user of Sign Blazer, so I'm not sure about wording of some of the features in SCAL or VM. But I believe your cutter should work with SB too.

3 hours ago, haumana said:

It's sounds like a communication issue. You nee to check if it's using the right driver and/or using the correct communications port.

Not familiar with SCAL at all, but there should be a settings (or configuration) that you could see the driver, comm port, blade offset, etc. info.

The settings/config might be in the menu after you initially send it to cut (but before you confirm it).

Sorry, I'm a steady user of Sign Blazer, so I'm not sure about wording of some of the features in SCAL. But I believe your cutter should work with SB too.

It connected and it said it downloaded the correct drivers it wouldn't do that w/o seeing it.. right, I tried looking on youtube but i cant find a video that shows the steps for making it cut its on auto com port.

this is VM im trying to get to work. i think SCAL be easier but cant cut with it till buy it cause it cut lines in whatever your cutting. since its just the demo

Thanks yall i played with the com port settings and changed it to direct it ended up being com 7 on my pc i just cut my first Decal.. Thanks so much

• Like 2

New issue. Tried to cut some Oracal 631 for a indoor project and the vinyl is getting all wadded up and not staying straight at all. what would make it do this? I thought maybe the Force or speed so i turned down the speed.

Make sure your pinch rollers are directly over the grit rollers.  Not sure on your machine, but most I've looked at have some sort of markings above the rollers to show you where they are.  If the pinch roller isn't directly over them the vinyl goes all sorts of directions.  Or at least that's what i hear.  I'd never do something silly like that. . . . . ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I agree with shane - that and we see a lot of tracking issues from using too much blade exposure - the directions floating around that say 1/2 credit card is way too much blade - skeeters instructions under the instructional contribution section is an accurate way to set the blade exposure.     but to the extent that you described betting shane hit it right on the head

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShaneGreen said:

Make sure your pinch rollers are directly over the grit rollers.  Not sure on your machine, but most I've looked at have some sort of markings above the rollers to show you where they are.  If the pinch roller isn't directly over them the vinyl goes all sorts of directions.  Or at least that's what i hear.  I'd never do something silly like that. . . . . ;-)

Thank you so much, that was the problem i had the one all way over next to edge and other was center of the two of them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShaneGreen said:

I did this exact thing with my P-Cut. I had been cutting fine for three weeks and then for whatever reason adjusted the position of the pinch rollers and all heck broke loose. On that machine there were certain areas on the drive shaft that had grit and other places where it was smooth. If you used various places you could cut about any size you wanted but it was a weird layout. I didn't know the difference at the time but have since scratched my head in wonder. Who thinks this stuff up? I never had one but it seems like the old version of the SC had basically the entire width as grit except one spot in the middle and at each end. That's a great way to do it. Whole lot harder to miss. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

I did this exact thing with my P-Cut. I had been cutting fine for three weeks and then for whatever reason adjusted the position of the pinch rollers and all heck broke loose. On that machine there were certain areas on the drive shaft that had grit and other places where it was smooth. If you used various places you could cut about any size you wanted but it was a weird layout. I didn't know the difference at the time but have since scratched my head in wonder. Who thinks this stuff up? I never had one but it seems like the old version of the SC had basically the entire width as grit except one spot in the middle and at each end. That's a great way to do it. Whole lot harder to miss. 

Well you know, new guys can mess up anything LOL.... few things I have cut today... The Anniversary was for my Parents, it was 55 yrs for them yesterday. The motorcycle was first thing i cut.

cancersuvior.jpg

looktwice.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sue2 said:

Addicted yet?

:thumbsup:

LOL, Yes. already have been, ive been making designs all week lol. I just have to figure out my settings. it didn't seem to be weeding right i clicked on couple things and seems easier. I found out that cursive type words are harder to weed out.

3 hours ago, Sue2 said:

Wait till you get to HTV and t-shirts!

:lol:

Yeah, i got to figure that out. i got just a lil black and green to make her sisters t shirt. i got my t shirts from jiffyshirts yesterday also everything i had ordered came the same day.. Im really happy with the shirts, great price and i just paid for regular shipping they shipped from the same state I live in 2 day shipping..

Someone wants to buy the look twice sticker, but i told them i cant sell it cause i got it from off line, but i can like redo it in my own words right and be okay to sell it? could i use the image at all or no?

You don't have to re-do everything...just try a bit different motorcycle graphic.

Sue2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sue2 said:

You don't have to re-do everything...just try a bit different motorcycle graphic.

Sue2

Oh alright.

Okay I just noticed something i cut has like lil tracks in it.. do i need to change the start point on the machine to get the cutter away from the far right side?  or do i need to move the slide roller over some? i have it right behind the blade?

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

if the marks are from the pressure rollers those will go away when applied - all plotters do that

Oh, Alright yeah that has to be it cause on top of the vinyl. almost like its to tight.

Can someone tell me the trick to weeding smaller letters cause im having no luck.. they keep just peeling up. should i change the pretty on the cutter ? im at 300 speed and 101 pressure

3 hours ago, mfatty500 said:

Looks like you need to re-do the Anniversary sign, as it's misspelled, and some weed lines are not taken out

OH My... your right... I need to double check my woman's spelling i guess. yeah I didn't take out a few things like on the glasses cause it didn't really cut how i thought it would.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.