Daveischosen

Looking for recomendations for a new cutter

I currently have a mh871, although it has been a great cutter, the tracking never stays right, and its just loud. 

I mainly use Oramask 813, about 3-400 feet a month, Not sure I need anything fancy, just want something quiet and quick and trouble free. 

I've been looking at the Titan 2 SE 28" and several others in the 1800-2000.00 range, just not sure I need something that fancy. I with they made more 34" cutters, 

I like being able to switch from 24" to 30' oramask. 

any advice would be great

Hi Dave, Just a heads-up --- USCUTTER is about to introduce the LaserPoint 3 (I spoke to a rep at the company and they are expecting to offer it "in early spring")

I had an LP2 for a while and it was pretty nice (much nicer than either the MH or SC I had owned). Based on that, a new upgraded LP3 should be just what you're seeking. Have a little patience, and keep an eye open for the announcement of availability on this machine (and it should be in the 34" size as well).

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one has chimed in a recommended the Graphtec. That would put you right in your price range, and while I'm still awaiting the arrival of mine, I've been told that the servo motor is much quieter than a stepper, which the Titan 2, and probably LP3 has/will have.

• Like 2

Not jus quieter which is a nice side benefit but the accuracy goes up considerably. The Graphtec is going to track a lot better than any of the budget cutters. Tracking and cutter head accuracy is the true greatness of the high end machines. I got by with less for several years but after making the leap I wouldn't want to go back.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:45 PM, Wildgoose said:

Not jus quieter which is a nice side benefit but the accuracy goes up considerably. The Graphtec is going to track a lot better than any of the budget cutters. Tracking and cutter head accuracy is the true greatness of the high end machines. I got by with less for several years but after making the leap I wouldn't want to go back.

I was thinking the Graphtec was overkill, since I dont do any real vinyl or lettering or wraps... anything like that. But im sure its like my wood working tools, you get what you pay for. 

• Like 1

if you read post on the forum from people that moved up to a graphtec there is one common theme - they love how quiet and accurate they are.  think of it as going from a harbor freight circular saw to a delta table saw - :)

• Like 2