Sign in to follow this  
eprcvinyls

Jiffyshirts question

So a member here told me about jiffyshirts so i went and looked and there prices sure beats my local walmarts, i signed up but it asks if im going to be selling the shirts, then i went to order and it asked am i going to make a profit with them, or decorate for fun or other.. why do they ask this? if you said your making a profit from them do they keep up with that and send it to the Tax people or something? I just checked Going to give as a gift cause that's the truth i only ordered 5 shirts today and plan on making shirts for my woman's family as B day presents. just thought that was wierd it asked that.

Thanks

I am shooting from the hip here because I don't know for certain but there have been some changes in tax laws recently and this could be tied to that. I saw a post about 1099 forms being mandatory for purchases over 600 etc through paypal or similar. I never worried because I report all mine anyway but that could be the reason. If you are buying and reselling a lot then your account may accrue more than $600 and trigger a 1099 ruling possibly.  

Not sure about any place else, but over here any thing that is  up for resale it only charged at a 1/2% tax. The expectation is like Goose said, you then pay the actual sales tax rate when paying taxes :( I'm not sure what the cut off is now, since no one has seen the details of the new tax reform, but the Fed's cut off was anything $600+ needed a 1099.

I don't move the kind of volume that anyone else does, so I just the vendor that it's for personal use and pay the going rate of the sales tax, but I do turn around an charge the same sales tax on anything I sell ... unless it's a cash job, because I'm too lazy to deal with coins :lol:

8 hours ago, haumana said:

Not sure about any place else, but over here any thing that is  up for resale it only charged at a 1/2% tax. The expectation is like Goose said, you then pay the actual sales tax rate when paying taxes :( I'm not sure what the cut off is now, since no one has seen the details of the new tax reform, but the Fed's cut off was anything $600+ needed a 1099.

I don't move the kind of volume that anyone else does, so I just the vendor that it's for personal use and pay the going rate of the sales tax, but I do turn around an charge the same sales tax on anything I sell ... unless it's a cash job, because I'm too lazy to deal with coins :lol:

Thanks both of you, I just thought that was weird. never been asked that before.. and I did look up that anything over $600 is supposed to be accounted for at end of the year.

I need to find someone really smart at that kinda stuff to talk to to understand it all.

5 hours ago, Go-C Graphics said:

It might also be so they are tailor there mailing list so they only send you emails you're interested in.  

Yeah, maybe.