Sign in to follow this  
eprcvinyls

is there a lot of driffrence bewttwen the SCAL4 and the pro?

So i have been using the demo ( free download) of the SCAL 4 pro on my pc then i accidental downloaded the SCAL 4 reg on the better half's Pc. and besides the logos at start up and desktop icon i can't see a difference it seems they both will allow to do the same things, we saved thing she done on the 4 andi was able to read and change them on the 4 pro.. again both demo but wouldn't the full version of either work the same?

Buying a cutter, and vinyl and tools i just don't have $200 to pay for the 4 Pro right now, maybe after i cut some and make some money i can upgrade later.. I'm getting VM with my SC cutter but not sure i will like it at all i might learn more on it since im going to have it but i like SCAL better. so far.

I just ordered my SC cutter and more vinyl and a couple feet of HTV to try making a t shirt. going to cut a few things on vinyl first to make sure my blade is set and the force and all guess need to read the manual and see what it suggests for speed and force hope that's i the manual.. Im so Excited. ive already got 2 maybe 3 people that want a Decal for there  automobiles.

Thanks

SCAL is a juiced up version of the program that was originally designed for the Circuit cutters. USCutter was working in tandem with the developer for a while and from what it sounded like was hoping to come up with a wiz-bang option to offer with the cutters. I bought a BETA version of it and was in hopes it would be awesome. I never found it to be awesome. They have continued to develop it and I think the latest versions are much better than the BETA version I had. There have been several on the forum who have figured out all the intricacies and wherewithal to make them perform pretty decent at least as a cutting utility. Being that they have a mac platform version and VM does not I think that is the main draw for them being around. I would say the VM program in the upper levels is a better package although not an option for mac users. All that being said I do not know all the nitty gritty details either of the program or the overall arrangement between USC and Craft Edge. I was looking for a good cutting utility as I design almost exclusively in Adobe Illustrator and just need am interface to the cutter. I believe some of the more prolific users did similar and designed in another program and then use SCAL as their cutting utility.

3 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

SCAL is a juiced up version of the program that was originally designed for the Circuit cutters. USCutter was working in tandem with the developer for a while and from what it sounded like was hoping to come up with a wiz-bang option to offer with the cutters. I bought a BETA version of it and was in hopes it would be awesome. I never found it to be awesome. They have continued to develop it and I think the latest versions are much better than the BETA version I had. There have been several on the forum who have figured out all the intricacies and wherewithal to make them perform pretty decent at least as a cutting utility. Being that they have a mac platform version and VM does not I think that is the main draw for them being around. I would say the VM program in the upper levels is a better package although not an option for mac users. All that being said I do not know all the nitty gritty details either of the program or the overall arrangement between USC and Craft Edge. I was looking for a good cutting utility as I design almost exclusively in Adobe Illustrator and just need am interface to the cutter. I believe some of the more prolific users did similar and designed in another program and then use SCAL as their cutting utility.

Thanks for your reply, surprised no one else has replied. i just wondered between the two the 4 and 4 pro is much difference. looks like they offer no discount to upgrading from 4 to pro its same price. I'm going to try out VM when i get the full version.. just bothers me i wasn't able to crate files and save them in VM with the demo.

1 hour ago, eprcvinyls said:

Thanks for your reply, surprised no one else has replied. i just wondered between the two the 4 and 4 pro is much difference. looks like they offer no discount to upgrading from 4 to pro its same price. I'm going to try out VM when i get the full version.. just bothers me i wasn't able to crate files and save them in VM with the demo.

That is not at all unusual for demo versions. Quite a few of the demo versions out there restrict what you can cut as well. 

6 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

That is not at all unusual for demo versions. Quite a few of the demo versions out there restrict what you can cut as well. 

Well i wouldnt think any would cut.. the SCAL will cut but it puts lines in whatever you cut, I understand that.. its fine just figured you be able to save things.