Sign in to follow this  
Soren

No Parking Sign Blanks

Does anyone have a good outlet for sign blanks? I'm looking for "no parking" size either 9x12 or 18x12 in either aluminum or plastic.

This project is still in research mode. One of the car clubs is think about doing signs for their awards this year at their annual car show. If this goes, I'll be doing 40-50 signs depending on how many award categories they come up with. Blue vinyl for first place and red vinyl for second.  

18 minutes ago, Soren said:

Does anyone have a good outlet for sign blanks? I'm looking for "no parking" size either 9x12 or 18x12 in either aluminum or plastic.

This project is still in research mode. One of the car clubs is think about doing signs for their awards this year at their annual car show. If this goes, I'll be doing 40-50 signs depending on how many award categories they come up with. Blue vinyl for first place and red vinyl for second.  

http://metalcraftindustries.net/sign-blanks/

You could always buy 4x8 sheets of diBond (MaxMetal) single-sided for around $55. each and cut it to your needs (I score across the aluminum-laminated surface with a utility knife and then bend/snap to break).

9.6"x12" size will yield 40  (5 across, 8 down)

Keep in mind that REAL parking signs are usually made with corners 1-1/4" radius rounded and pre-drilled 3/8" holes.

GRIMCO sells 0.80 aluminum blanks (white or colors) for about $3.25 per.  6x12

My idea will produce rectangles (squared-off corners, and no holes) but for around $1.50 each you could make them work for this project.

I have used Diabond as Slice suggested as well as made my own aluminum from some sheet stock. If I did enough volume I would buy a fancy corner rounder but they are pretty expensive to get one capable of dealing with the heavy aluminum. There is one with 4 round cut options that looks awesome. I use a guide clamped below and a formica trimming blade in my router. You can do several sheets at once on the Diabond and one or two at a time on aluminum. My guide is actually an old shelf that has a nice 1" or 1-1/4" rounded corner on one side that is still wrapped with smooth edging. It's a little time consuming but didn't cost me a thing. 

I found some sign blanks on ebay.

Here is what I'm up to.... One of the Best In Show, 20 of the First Place, 20 of the Second Place and a dozen of the Award Winner signs.

20180609_201943.thumb.jpg.ccf8e9c2e496e3f48a494f242134c44f.jpg

• Like 2