Mikelodeon

Some Feedback/reviews, looking for a new cutter

Hi everyone !!!

Actually I work with an small Silhouette Cutter Vinyl, no problems at all making decals, doing this for

a couple of years and I like it.

But I would like to escalate, moving for something bigger, not fancy or expensive but something that let me

do things bigger and better. Silhouette is a good quality machine and I am really impressed with the quality of my work.

But sadly they don't manage bigger machines.

I need your feedback or reviews about some decent quality machines, reliable and affordable

I would appreciate your help.

Thank you !!

next step up I would look at a sc2  - - - - after that it gets a little more expensive with the titan2 and finally the graphtec  - many people move up as they make money with their cutters

Currently, the Titan 28" is on sale and the Titan comes with a media basket included for the $495 price.

An SC2 costs $420. + $30 to add a media basket onto the SC2 stand, so the difference is truly only $45. more for a comparably-outfitted Titan cutter w/ the cloth basket.

Very interesting number crunching, and honestly, if I were in the market for a 28" size unit, it would be a true coin-flip.

HOWEVER>>>> if you want a new upgraded mid-range-quality stepper 34" machine, then you have to go with the SC2, because there isn't a Titan in that size.

(There is always MH, of course, at the low-end).

• Like 1

vinyl comes mainly in 15" 24" 30" and 48" - most of the 28" really don't cut that wide either so isn't the real difference when selecting between a 24" and a 30" ??

8 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

vinyl comes mainly in 15" 24" 30" and 48" - most of the 28" really don't cut that wide either so isn't the real difference when selecting between a 24" and a 30" ??

Usable area on the vinyl for 28" machine size is only around 23" wide (leaving 1/2" margins to each side on 24" rolls of vinyl) and you can get a 29" wide cut for the thirty-inch roll mounted in a 34" machine, so the result is just 6" of extra working/cutting size.  Not a tremendous difference overall, and you also have to consider maintaining rolls of vinyl and transfer tape in both widths in stock.

hey there, i was considering getting a Silhouette Cameo 3 Still might get one for the wife so she has her own machine to cut whatever. but ive been talked into something bigger and better I will be buying a SC2. I picked it over the SC1 that is refurb even tho can save some money but cause the SC2 has

• Faster, quieter stepper motor
  • More memory: 128MB (up from 128KB)
  • More stable motherboard
  • Improved easier-to-use control panel
  • Bold New Light Blue Look

Now the titan 2 and 3 are super super nice and if you can afford buying a servo motor Cutter go for it. But I thought about a MH and quickly talked out of it most seem to agree the SC cutters are good. i'm brand new never owned any type of cutter your already in this stuff so you know what your doing. so it wont be as big as a leap for you.. just remember your going to need software most likely also so add that into your price.

on the software - with the purchase of the plotters at usc the software is included free usually with your choice of Vinylmaster or SCALP.   thought that might have been a little confusing 

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

on the software - with the purchase of the plotters at usc the software is included free usually with your choice of Vinylmaster or SCALP.   thought that might have been a little confusing 

Sorry, your right, Just know witch one you like best, The SC2 comes with vinylmaster but i wish it came with Sure cuts a lot cause i like it lot lot better. but everyone is driffrent

"Bold New Light Blue Look"  --- That's a good enough reason to get one, right there.

(If you want SCAL, just ask your USCUTTER rep on the phone, they could substitute, perhaps)

On 2/6/2018 at 6:55 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

Can u us any software or does it have to be just for that machine

8 minutes ago, DebbieDenzine said:

Can u us any software or does it have to be just for that machine

which software? with which cutter? 

software use for cutters are more based on what platform your computer is - PC or Mac.  that being said, there is a bigger selection of different PC software that are compatible with multiple cutters - it becomes a personal preference as to which software you want to get to know. on the Mac side, the choices are much, much slimmer, unless you're willing to, or have already - bootcamped/VM Fusion/Parallel your Mac with Windows as secondary operating system.

there are also free design/cut software out there for PC, that you can readily download and run without even having a cutter (i.e. Sign Blazer Elements, etc.), and other software where you can download the trial versions.

• Like 2

I've been working lately with both Cricut Maker and Brother ScanNCut2 But from my point of view either would be perfect for what you want to do. There is a learning curve with either one, but nothing you couldn’t handle. I cut vinyl and the card stock with them, and both are capable of intricate work. For me, I lean toward the Cricut because the workflow feels smoother to me, but ymmv.