Dakotagrafx

DIY thread - show us some DIY projects

Sometimes we come up with DIY ideas and share but they get lost in the past post - lets see some of your stuff

This is an application tool I made for doing yard signs  - Someone posted one made with just pvc that worked great but I had some old newman roller frames laying around and took it to the next step - when I have a bunch of yard signs to do I just put some new clear tape on it and rock and roll

similar item can be made with pvc and something that holds it just above the coro

trick is you want the vinyl to hover just above the coro until you apply pressure with your squeegee when you get it aligned 

P5010001.JPG

• Like 2

My very first roll holders
worked great for smaller rolls  - not quite as well for the 50 yard 24" ones but specialty vinyl still sits on it

PA260017.JPG

Here's my DIY powder coat booth, not specifically vinyl related, but I use vinyl to create masks for powder coating.

IMG_0699.JPG.a0c7c463b9c25a62cd4d5db8fe644c84.JPG

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Here's my DIY powder coat booth, not specifically vinyl related, but I use vinyl to create masks for powder coating.

nice and just like our blasting etc - it relates and gives inspiration to others thinking what else can they do with their plotters

so in the back top there is some type of filter and fan apparatus?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, darcshadow said:

My spray booth looks almost like yours, so I will leave that out. When I can get near my oven in the garage, I will post pic's of that. It was made out of a kitchen oven and stuff from home depot.

Ok, got pics of my powder coat oven.

I was given an old kitchen oven for my powder coating.

Off to home depot to get the (whatever you call them) tin 2 x 4s and roxul insulation.. ordered galvanized sheet metal to skin it inside and out..

Tore the oven apart and using stainless steel rivets built this thing.

Works very well. Can't remember the total cost, but it was pretty cheap for a 3 foot high and 2 x 2 foot interior.

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

• Like 2