Guest KLW

Accessing Glyphs

Guest KLW

I'm new to using vinylmaster so still trying to figure it out. I am using it to work with text mainly.  I'm trying to access the glyphs from open type fonts.  Can you have 2 separate fonts in one text box? When trying to highlight one letter, it changes the entire box.  Trying to determine if I should have upgraded to VM Letter instead of Cut?

Guest KLW

Thank you!  If I want to use decorative add ons to fonts found in open type fonts, is that possible with cut version?  The only way I can think of at this point it to create 2 different text boxes and line them up and weld them before printing. 

Guest KLW

I apologize for the incorrect terminology.  I am trying to figure out if VM cut is sufficient or if I need to upgrade or switch to Sure Cuts a Lot all together.  I want to be able to cut out vinyl paint stencils that contain fancy lettering.  I just have not been able to do that in the cut version. 

Before spending any money you might give Inkscape a try. It's free and can do quite a bit, although it doesn't work with text as nicely as some programs, you can usually get what you want done, and did I mention it's free. :)

2 hours ago, Guest KLW said:

I apologize for the incorrect terminology.  I am trying to figure out if VM cut is sufficient or if I need to upgrade or switch to Sure Cuts a Lot all together.  I want to be able to cut out vinyl paint stencils that contain fancy lettering.  I just have not been able to do that in the cut version. 

Im running Sclaps4pro and just love it. I know i dont do everything within scalps but it has definately done when ive need it to .. Any questions send me a pm.

In a help forum, why hide things in a PM? we are after all, here to help everyone.

To me, and I am sure others, that is trying to hide something.

How is it hiding something  if i m telling him to contact me if he has questions about it or show him how it works  and sometimes showing to better than talking,writing about it  ,,  .... @cardudenc has had me show him how it works when he mentioned it awhile ago when he was having issues with Vm, After seeing it ,he bought it...   Anymore backgrounds checks ?

Nope, public forums are for public help. If you feel the need to hide, I really don't want to know why.

If you are hiding something, NONE of us want to know.

Dang , I leave for supper and miss all the good stuff. lol.

this is the 2nd , 3rd or 4th time ive seen "hiding something" or whatever being brought up. I'm not sure whats up with that.  other forums I'm on, like my rock crawling forum they always say there is more activity and more arguments/ disagreements this time of yr caused by Cabin Fever.

Ive talked to @Primal Decals by pm off and on since july of 16 , so far nothing worth hiding. no solicitation for anything, not even sexual favors. but he has wasted a lot of his time helping a clueless newbie. even has stopped whatever he was doing to help me in a crunch. just the other night he gets on my comp thru team viewer to fix an issue with it, after fixing he tells about the migraine hes had all day. I prob wouldn't even answered, no way get on and do anything. and the reason he told me back in july when we 1st spoke thru pm he helps people like me out is, when he started fresh like me with no knowledge, no one helped him. from my understanding he learned most on his own. I see him still ask questions on here. and on a rare occasions ive actually been able to give him a pointer or 2

I'm not taking up for him nor calling anyone out. I'm just saying ive seen something similar a couple times now because he offers to help people out. and 1 of these def seemed like there was some kind of hidden agenda the person posting was trying to say, but nothing ever was. I just hope this clears the air. I'm only on here to keep learning more of what im doing.   peace out , and I hope I didn't stir any feathers/bees nest or whatever.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, cardudenc said:

Dang , I leave for supper and miss all the good stuff. lol.

this is the 2nd , 3rd or 4th time ive seen "hiding something" or whatever being brought up. I'm not sure whats up with that.  other forums I'm on, like my rock crawling forum they always say there is more activity and more arguments/ disagreements this time of yr caused by Cabin Fever.

Ive talked to @Primal Decals by pm off and on since july of 16 , so far nothing worth hiding. no solicitation for anything, not even sexual favors. but he has wasted a lot of his time helping a clueless newbie. even has stopped whatever he was doing to help me in a crunch. just the other night he gets on my comp thru team viewer to fix an issue with it, after fixing he tells about the migraine hes had all day. I prob wouldn't even answered, no way get on and do anything. and the reason he told me back in july when we 1st spoke thru pm he helps people like me out is, when he started fresh like me with no knowledge, no one helped him. from my understanding he learned most on his own. I see him still ask questions on here. and on a rare occasions ive actually been able to give him a pointer or 2

I'm not taking up for him nor calling anyone out. I'm just saying ive seen something similar a couple times now because he offers to help people out. and 1 of these def seemed like there was some kind of hidden agenda the person posting was trying to say, but nothing ever was. I just hope this clears the air. I'm only on here to keep learning more of what im doing.   peace out , and I hope I didn't stir any feathers/bees nest or whatever.

Good to see another RC'er on here, I've never done the rock crawling but been into RC cars and trucks since i was 3 yrs old.. been flying Planes since i was 9 and helis off and on for last maybe 10 years.

uhhhh, I was talkn about rock crawling jeeps, off road vehicles. but I do have a couple RCs. old school team associated RC 10 stuff. almost every off road park now has a course for RCs. long story but I haven't been in awhile, I'm wanting to get RC crawler , but I spend all my extra $$ on this. I'm always interested in something I can make a few $s on

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.