eprcvinyls

Are my numbers correct? trying figure out pricing

So i was trying to figure out how many Sq foot will be in my rolls of Vinyl I just ordered. I ordered 12"x6foot rolls of Oracal 751

trying to look online 1 sq foot is 12"x12" right or 144 sq inches?

so how would i figure out how much is in my 12 inch wide by 6 foot long.

you need to know the sq foot then to know how many is in it to figure out how much per Sq foot you have correct?

Talked to the Post office lady today and looks like cheapest i could ship a 5"x8" decal would be $3.50 cause that would be in a padded envelope with tracking.. Or she said if i wasn't worried about tracking i could use a regular envelope type and mail for $1 cheaper.

I don't know how much shipping i will do but might do some.. I'm thinking to charge a min of $4 for shipping, The envelopes cost me $1 for 2 of them from dollar tree.

At first I was thinking for a small 5" or 6"X 6" or 10" decal just charging something like $10.00 but looking online not sure that is any where close.

Was thinking a bigger one 12"x12" up to maybe a 12"x24" (this would be for smaller lettering) charging something like maybe $25  these are just numbers off top my head. If someone wanted Huge 12 inch letters for something and long i would charge more.I'm not sure any of you give discounts the more people order or maybe you charge more cause takes longer to weed out more stickers? I seen couple posts where people said they add in a Hourly rate on how long it takes them to do the design, cut them,weed them and have them ready.. I guess we should be charging for our designing part also. however i do plan to just make some neat sayings and things and anyone who wants those i will have already to just cut and sell.

T shirts i want to do but not sure at all how to do those. Do most just let people give them the shirts and just charge for doing them or do you buy the shirts and charge more for the total price.

thanks for any input im sure i will get all sorts of replys.

For sq ft, you simply multiply length by width so you have a 1'x6' roll, you have 6 sq. ft. of vinyl.

But honestly, the cost of vinyl and materials is insignificant for most designs. The real cost is your time. Often times it's actually cheaper to make a large decal than it is a small one. Sure, you're going to have more cost in material but often times a larger decal is easier and faster to weed so you have less time involved. People don't think that way though so they will willingly pay more for a larger decal even though in terms of material it only cost you a few pennies more.

I don't do shirts, but from what I've read on here, most try not to let the customer supply the shirt. The reasoning being that if you screw up the shirt you can't simply replace it with one from your stock and the customer has to then get you another shirt. Can turn into quite a hassle and an unhappy customer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darcshadow said:

For sq ft, you simply multiply length by width so you have a 1'x6' roll, you have 6 sq. ft. of vinyl.

But honestly, the cost of vinyl and materials is insignificant for most designs. The real cost is your time. Often times it's actually cheaper to make a large decal than it is a small one. Sure, you're going to have more cost in material but often times a larger decal is easier and faster to weed so you have less time involved. People don't think that way though so they will willingly pay more for a larger decal even though in terms of material it only cost you a few pennies more.

I don't do shirts, but from what I've read on here, most try not to let the customer supply the shirt. The reasoning being that if you screw up the shirt you can't simply replace it with one from your stock and the customer has to then get you another shirt. Can turn into quite a hassle and an unhappy customer.

Thanks, that makes sense on the shirt.  Im so excited to get my stuff and get to making stuff.

if i figured it right for the stuff i have gotten ordered so far I would have $1.22 in a 12"x12" sticker. and 10 cents in the tape after looking online it seems people do offer 4" 6" or larger stickers. most seem to be around $5.99-12.99 depending on size and what it is.. I dont want to rip people off, and i find it if you do people good they come back later.

T shirts i have no clue where to start with prices. have to figure that out.. I would guess maybe $20-25 per shirt if i had to buy them but that might be low. I need to look at Walmart at blank shirts. We normally buy the Haynes t shirts.

For decals I am $.07 per sq inch. So in inches width X height X .07. Plus shipping.

I add 50% for each additional color for decals.

For shirts I am $15 front or back one color up to XL.

$20 front and back one color up to XL.

size  of image does not matter.

More than one color shirts, I kind of just wing it.

Find a supplier for shirts. You will get cheaper and better quality.

eprcvinyls if you are to the point you have an actual business up and running you can usually get set up with Sanmar and buy wholesale. As you purchase and build an account they will gradually give you better pricing but even right off the bat you can beat most other options for good quality tee's. JiffyShirts is another option that doesn't care if you have a resellers license but Sanmar prices and selection are better. 

My HTV prices are lower than bikemike but I think that is due to my location. I charge $8 single color graphic and $10 2 color. If it gets complicated to weed I add a charge off the cuff at time of quote. I try to make a couple bucks on the shirt too. The other option sometimes mentioned is you can send your art work off to a plastisol transfer printer like F&M and get screen prints built affordably especially if there is some volume. 

On the regular decals, you will soon find the expected price for decals. Often like mentioned they expect to pay a lot more for a larger decal that in reality may be easier to cut and weed even though it uses up more vinyl. I have more of a graduated scale for the cut vinyl than just a blanket $0.07/sf. I tend to charge a min charge that I just won't bother with if it's below. If it's a regular customer then that goes away because they have earned it through regular purchases. I like to get $6 to $10 for decals and usually do. I don't sell a lot or push the sales a lot. I make a lot better money in the tee shirt world. 

You are right Goose. In Canada I have to pay more for everything. Not just the exchange rate, but shipping as well to get stuff here.

Yesterday I saw a vehicle magnet (blank, nothing on it) 18 X 24. Was $69 plus tax. It was at staples, but still.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, eprcvinyls said:

So i was trying to figure out how many Sq foot will be in my rolls of Vinyl I just ordered. I ordered 12"x6foot rolls of Oracal 751

trying to look online 1 sq foot is 12"x12" right or 144 sq inches?

so how would i figure out how much is in my 12 inch wide by 6 foot long.

you need to know the sq foot then to know how many is in it to figure out how much per Sq foot you have correct?

Talked to the Post office lady today and looks like cheapest i could ship a 5"x8" decal would be $3.50 cause that would be in a padded envelope with tracking.. Or she said if i wasn't worried about tracking i could use a regular envelope type and mail for $1 cheaper.

I don't know how much shipping i will do but might do some.. I'm thinking to charge a min of $4 for shipping, The envelopes cost me $1 for 2 of them from dollar tree.

At first I was thinking for a small 5" or 6"X 6" or 10" decal just charging something like $10.00 but looking online not sure that is any where close.

Was thinking a bigger one 12"x12" up to maybe a 12"x24" (this would be for smaller lettering) charging something like maybe $25  these are just numbers off top my head. If someone wanted Huge 12 inch letters for something and long i would charge more.I'm not sure any of you give discounts the more people order or maybe you charge more cause takes longer to weed out more stickers? I seen couple posts where people said they add in a Hourly rate on how long it takes them to do the design, cut them,weed them and have them ready.. I guess we should be charging for our designing part also. however i do plan to just make some neat sayings and things and anyone who wants those i will have already to just cut and sell.

T shirts i want to do but not sure at all how to do those. Do most just let people give them the shirts and just charge for doing them or do you buy the shirts and charge more for the total price.

thanks for any input im sure i will get all sorts of replys.

Send me a pm bud. I have a vinyl calculator you may just like.

1 minute ago, bikemike said:

If you are giving it out, why not just post it?

Im not on my own computer right now ... tag me in a new messsage on here and ill do it when i get back to mine.

Don't need or want. Wondering about the "PM" me thing. See that a lot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bikemike said:

For decals I am $.07 per sq inch. So in inches width X height X .07. Plus shipping.

I add 50% for each additional color for decals.

For shirts I am $15 front or back one color up to XL.

$20 front and back one color up to XL.

size  of image does not matter.

More than one color shirts, I kind of just wing it.

Find a supplier for shirts. You will get cheaper and better quality.

That is kinda what i was thinking

7 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

eprcvinyls if you are to the point you have an actual business up and running you can usually get set up with Sanmar and buy wholesale. As you purchase and build an account they will gradually give you better pricing but even right off the bat you can beat most other options for good quality tee's. JiffyShirts is another option that doesn't care if you have a resellers license but Sanmar prices and selection are better. 

My HTV prices are lower than bikemike but I think that is due to my location. I charge $8 single color graphic and $10 2 color. If it gets complicated to weed I add a charge off the cuff at time of quote. I try to make a couple bucks on the shirt too. The other option sometimes mentioned is you can send your art work off to a plastisol transfer printer like F&M and get screen prints built affordably especially if there is some volume. 

On the regular decals, you will soon find the expected price for decals. Often like mentioned they expect to pay a lot more for a larger decal that in reality may be easier to cut and weed even though it uses up more vinyl. I have more of a graduated scale for the cut vinyl than just a blanket $0.07/sf. I tend to charge a min charge that I just won't bother with if it's below. If it's a regular customer then that goes away because they have earned it through regular purchases. I like to get $6 to $10 for decals and usually do. I don't sell a lot or push the sales a lot. I make a lot better money in the tee shirt world. 

Thanks man for the input... I will go that route if i actually able to do very much stuff, Not sure what all i need to do. to be 100% legit.

WOW, and you make money you must do a ton of shirts.. Ive never heard anyone that cheap.

3 hours ago, bikemike said:

Don't need or want. Wondering about the "PM" me thing. See that a lot.

me and him talk a lot in PM. He has been very helpful

7 hours ago, bikemike said:

You are right Goose. In Canada I have to pay more for everything. Not just the exchange rate, but shipping as well to get stuff here.

Yesterday I saw a vehicle magnet (blank, nothing on it) 18 X 24. Was $69 plus tax. It was at staples, but still.

WOW... That is insane.. Ive heard things are high there.

And you always will.... Im a one on one helper most of the time ....  You have no idea how many people actually send me pm's without posting about it asking me questions on my cutter,scalps etc... I guess i  should start complaining about it ,,,, Ive already had a talk with dakotagrfx about one thing i did awhile ago and it was taken care of.. And i have done it since.. I dont try to sell anything . I offer my advice ,explain how i do things, Its not my fault if i get a pm , And its not against the rules to offer like i do... Ive said it once before , I will always offer help thru a pm, if i see somene struggling on something....  I guess i wuill just stop answering my messages from those qho contact me....  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

And you always will.... Im a one on one helper most of the time ....  You have no idea how many people actually send me pm's without posting about it asking me questions on my cutter,scalps etc... I guess i  should start complaining about it ,,,, Ive already had a talk with dakotagrfx about one thing i did awhile ago and it was taken care of.. And i have done it since.. I dont try to sell anything . I offer my advice ,explain how i do things, Its not my fault if i get a pm , And its not against the rules to offer like i do... Ive said it once before , I will always offer help thru a pm, if i see somene struggling on something....  I guess i wuill just stop answering my messages from those qho contact me....  

Well, I see it as its less clutter on the site if people sent PM to the people who knew what they are doing.. But then I get others who say well someone else might have the same question but im sure its very few who will read another persons thread just to see if the answer is in there.. myself I do. I have looked around and read a lot on here to see if i can get any tips

• Like 1

Really? The forum is for help. PM is for personal messages that you don't want anyone else to see.

My god man, is that what you are doing?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

Why not open a private forum? That way no one knows what you are up to.

3 hours ago, bikemike said:

Really? The forum is for help. PM is for personal messages that you don't want anyone else to see.

My god man, is that what you are doing?

I am new here, I didn't even know this forum was here, Well i had seen it but at first when i was looking for help on another site primal was nice and helpful and told me about this site and said the folks on here was nice and that this site was a lot nicer and more better layed out and he was right, I like the layout here better then the other one and everyone seems eager to help us newbies.

Well have them remove the Pm , and i will start posting everything  here.. And that goes for personal converstaions as well. Like one person who Contacted ME who i never had talked to before and they were just having a bad slump in life and seen how helpful i was a took it upon them self to Pm me,asked for help on something if i  remember correctly ,.This person was going thru depression etc and the talk i had with them made their day. They were in a better mood etc. Did i have to do this or care  no. But its how i am and was raised, Im sorry for being so straight forward of a person on helping.

1 minute ago, eprcvinyls said:

I am new here, I didn't even know this forum was here, Well i had seen it but at first when i was looking for help on another site primal was nice and helpful and told me about this site and said the folks on here was nice and that this site was a lot nicer and more better layed out and he was right, I like the layout here better then the other one and everyone seems eager to help us newbies.

We try - and the power of the forum is you can use the search bar and read answers from others in similar situations.  years of information.  unfortunately a few years back when switching software we lost the ability to "search" items during the first 6-8 years.    our answers even show up in google when people are searching for answers.  that is why we like to work thru things in the open.  we see the troubleshooting - what worked and what didn't and refer back to it all.  there are thousands of possibilities with every problem presented 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

We try - and the power of the forum is you can use the search bar and read answers from others in similar situations.  years of information.  unfortunately a few years back when switching software we lost the ability to "search" items during the first 6-8 years.    our answers even show up in google when people are searching for answers.  that is why we like to work thru things in the open.  we see the troubleshooting - what worked and what didn't and refer back to it all.  there are thousands of possibilities with every problem presented 

totally understand,one popular site im a member of and have near 7,000 posts people are always coming posting the same stuff every day lot of us folks been there a while sometime get annoyed seeing the same posts no one knows how to use google or the search.. I have done both being new to all of this stuff. and youtube has been great im a more of seeing it done then i can do it type rather then reading a manual but forums are good i feel you get better details.

We are here to help. To answer your question is not just helping you, but many others. New and old members.

We all change cutters and pass the information along to others. Then we buy a graphtec and won't shut up. LOL

• Like 2

Yeah...  So the Graptec is the best ever, someone is selling a Ce5000-60 for $600 kinda local to me. Older model im sure.