eprcvinyls

What tranfer tape should i buy? oracal 631/651/751

I plan to get oracal 631/651/751 to start with and like to know what transfer tape should i get. i'm a little confused i see some that say Ultra Clear 1310 Medium Tack Transfer  is that the same thing?

my vinyl will be 24" but do i need tape that is 24" or would 12" be fine?

Thanks

4076 rla tape for most of the vinyl I use.    Get the paper and not clear.   I have 6”, 12”, 18”, 24”

5 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

It’s paper

oh alright then, Thanks.

Anyone else have any input

I used a high-tack for 631, and a medium-tack for 651/751. I wish I had access to low-tack so I could try that out, but it's not worth shipping in.

Clear looks great and if you leave it to the customer, a lot of times they will choose that because ... it's clear.

Paper tape can be used for wet (and dry) applications, and I think is more forgiving.

I keep both on hand, and don't really have a preference, unless if comes to price - then clear is cheaper for me.

Thanks,Im just trying to get everything i need in my cart on uscutter but last night i went back to look at it and it was all gone! I so upset i will have to redo it now.

YEP, I wished I had known. don't know whats up with the site , but it never keeps my cart info, and u have to be careful and keep a check on it as you are ordering. Ive had it delete items or quantity. has been a pain for items on sale. I def get my $s worth on the their flat rate shipping.

11 hours ago, cardudenc said:

YEP, I wished I had known. don't know whats up with the site , but it never keeps my cart info, and u have to be careful and keep a check on it as you are ordering. Ive had it delete items or quantity. has been a pain for items on sale. I def get my $s worth on the their flat rate shipping.

it was crazy cause sign back in today and everything was there. I know it says if you don't come back for 24 hours it will delete

no, it does it as I'm making an order. and like I said I may have a quantity of 3 and it change it to 1. Ive placed my order and then when it gets here be missing items, go back to the order and the items not be on it . so I try and look over my cart as I go before finishing it up. but I have still had to call in right after  because I didn't catch it deleted something .

I didn't even answer what your post was originally about. most on here use  paper tape.  for. in my area there is a lot of sign and vinyl businesses . I bought from a few of these before I ordered my machine. and they all used the clear. for me it depends on what the decal is for. if it something I'm putting on display at the shop for retail I use med- hi tack clear. Finally after some trial and error i found some clear tape that can be used for wet apply. I can post pics of some of the errors. lol . in this trial and error I have tape that is so hi tack it will pull stuff apart, and low tack that wont pull the vinyl off the backing paper.  I will have to look up what tapes those are for u. I still use paper tape for most my wet apply stuff . The way I do my layering  I prefer the clear. 

7 hours ago, cardudenc said:

no, it does it as I'm making an order. and like I said I may have a quantity of 3 and it change it to 1. Ive placed my order and then when it gets here be missing items, go back to the order and the items not be on it . so I try and look over my cart as I go before finishing it up. but I have still had to call in right after  because I didn't catch it deleted something .

I didn't even answer what your post was originally about. most on here use  paper tape.  for. in my area there is a lot of sign and vinyl businesses . I bought from a few of these before I ordered my machine. and they all used the clear. for me it depends on what the decal is for. if it something I'm putting on display at the shop for retail I use med- hi tack clear. Finally after some trial and error i found some clear tape that can be used for wet apply. I can post pics of some of the errors. lol . in this trial and error I have tape that is so hi tack it will pull stuff apart, and low tack that wont pull the vinyl off the backing paper.  I will have to look up what tapes those are for u. I still use paper tape for most my wet apply stuff . The way I do my layering  I prefer the clear. 

Thanks for the input.

Hi @eprcvinyls , @cardudenc,

I'm sorry to hear that both of you have experienced issues with our cart not working the way it should. Sadly, this is not the first time I've heard of this issue.

We are and have been actively looking into our options to resolve this for a few months. Sadly, it is not as a simple programming fix, but the platform we run our website on. Rest assured we will resolve this matter, but it will likely some time.

In the meantime though, I am investigating a temporary fix where we'll allow you, our customers, the ability to save a cart and recreate it at a later date by simply visiting a certain url. I'll get back to both of you within the next week or so if this is something we end up doing. I don't know that it will be perfect, but it is likely the best I can do for now.

Most sincerely,

David

• Like 2

thanks for responding,  2 of my orders were messed up before I caught on the site was doing it. a rep was able to help me on 1, but the other wasnt. its been too long to rem all the details. after that I just rem to keep a close eye on my cart. especially if 1 of my customers come in and take me away from the comp for a bit

3 hours ago, davidb said:

Hi @eprcvinyls , @cardudenc,

I'm sorry to hear that both of you have experienced issues with our cart not working the way it should. Sadly, this is not the first time I've heard of this issue.

We are and have been actively looking into our options to resolve this for a few months. Sadly, it is not as a simple programming fix, but the platform we run our website on. Rest assured we will resolve this matter, but it will likely some time.

In the meantime though, I am investigating a temporary fix where we'll allow you, our customers, the ability to save a cart and recreate it at a later date by simply visiting a certain url. I'll get back to both of you within the next week or so if this is something we end up doing. I don't know that it will be perfect, but it is likely the best I can do for now.

Most sincerely,

David

Thank you for addressing the issue and hopefully it can be fixed. I was just trying to get together everything i needed and then it was gone.. I am now just saving a link to each of the items i want so i can just click the link and then add to cart when I am ready to purchase.

• Like 1

@eprcvinyls, yeah, I'm sorry its forced you to do that, but we are doing our best to address it and in the meantime find a temporary fix.