eprcvinyls

Can you move saved files from SCAL over to Vinylmaster?

hello everyone, sorry if this isn't the best place to put this., I am new to the site and new to all of this stuff but looking to get my first machine very soon and trying to learn the software. I love the way SCAL pro basic works, but as i understand I can't autally cut with it with the demo version but it does let me save files i have worked on.. Ive got my wife on her PC working with the free program also and wanted to know can i transfer them over to the MasterVinyl some how and use it to cut? So far i don't have the hang of Vinyl master to just use it to make them and cut from it.

if i have to purchase the SCAL i will but trying to keep costs down to start with, im already talked into buying the SC2 over the MH or Silhouette machine.

Also my wife wanted to know is there a way to transfer the files we make in SCAL over to like a jpeg to use for a background or something on the computer.

Thank you for any help or advice..

I'm Sure Primal decals is going to reply to this. I don't want to keep bothering you man, thought others could answer some questions LOL

in almost all programs if you export your work as a .eps you can then import it into other programs.

on the jpeg question same thing - export as a jpeg

No worries bud.

According to their page it says this for the basic Vm cut -- AI, EPS, PDF & SVG import/export (inc. text, images, gradients etc.) http://www.vinylmastercut.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

File (menu) > Import > File

You want them as either .ai, .eps or .pdf (not an image).

the above was posted by Vinylmaster on the forum in car template questions with vm.

I Copied right from my vm software help section-

Importing and Exporting File Types
VinylMaster has been designed to import and export the most widely used and reliable interchangeable graphics formats which includes Adobe's Portable Document Format (.pdf), Illustrator (.ai) and Encapsulated Postscript (.eps) formats, all of which can be exported from the most popular software packages. Other than their popularity the main advantage of these formats, is that they maintain the artwork's original level of quality.

VinylMaster also works with all the major bitmap/image formats such as .bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .png, .raw, .tif and .tga along with other popular formats such as .psd and .emf

6 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

in almost all programs if you export your work as a .eps you can then import it into other programs.

on the jpeg question same thing - export as a jpeg

guess im doing something wrong, when i try to export as a jpeg it wont open

2 minutes ago, eprcvinyls said:

guess im doing something wrong, when i try to export as a jpeg it wont open

For me  since i use scalps now-----Anything i make, i export from scalps as svg  or save it from Ai  as a svg. Its much easier to keep them as one file type.  Even if i get a eps sent to me i change it to svg. just how i do it ...

why are you trying to save it as a jpeg?

not sure what you are doing - I was playing around with this file and just tried to export as a jpg in vinylmaster and worked great - wonder if it has to be activated to work

temp2.jpg

3 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

For me  since i use scalps now-----Anything i make, i export from scalps as svg  or save it from Ai  as a svg. Its much easier to keep them as one file type.  Even if i get a eps sent to me i change it to svg. just how i do it ...

why are you trying to save it as a jpeg?

well this one file my wife made she likes it and would like it as a desktop background.

but im just trying to figure out what files i can use where with what program

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

not sure what you are doing - I was playing around with this file and just tried to export as a jpg in vinylmaster and worked great - wonder if it has to be activated to work

temp2.jpg

I guess that could be it, but not sure why it shows i can.. I try to open it in Paint and it said i dont have permission from SCAL i tried just in my photor viewer and it would just say it cant open it

well i saved it as a bitmap and it worked but its got two HUGE 00 over it so you cant use it ha ha guess that is part of the basic none registered edition

• Like 1

i tested the export jpeg,bmp etc in scalps and it works..  I think its showing you what you can do till its activated. Just like if you tried to cut with scalps it would cut a line thru it .. So you are only getting part of the usable features.

3 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

i tested the export jpeg,bmp etc in scalps and it works..  I think its showing you what you can do till its activated. Just like if you tried to cut with scalps it would cut a line thru it .. So you are only getting part of the usable features.

Yeah.