Hi All, 

I have been pulling my hair out the last couple of weeks. I can't find a good solution to do large contour cuts on the SC2. Its part of the reason why I bought the machine. I am running a mac with Sure Cuts Alot Pro 3.

I am trying to print a large photo on adhesive photo paper (roughly 24"x24") then contour cut it on the SC2. 

Sure Cuts Alot wont export a printable file with contour cutting marks. I have even tried taking a screen shot and aligning it in photo shop. I have also tried to export a svg file with ".regmarks" in the layer name with a rectangle around what I am trying to cut. supposedly that is supposed to make reg marks in sure cuts alot pro 3 but it never works!

Is there a better software out there? I tried signcut pro 2 but it wont even import any svg or ai file - so its kind of useless. 

All the best,

Mazeone

• Like 1

I don't know my way around SCALP. In SignCut Pro 1 I use Adobe Illustrator and SignCut has a plug-in that will add the registration marks around the image and you add your own contour cut line wherever you want it. Once you print from AI you then take the cut file which just contains the contour line and registration marks to the cutter and line up the registration marks and it will then cut the contour line. Your cutter will have to manually be aligned using the blade which is only going to be within a 1/8"-1/4". I don't know if SCALP has the contour line and registration mark options or not. The cut file needs to have the registration marks and the contour line all tied together so it knows where it sits and to what degree the image is out of skew, if that makes sense. A true contour cut machine with optical eye do this internally. The manual set method will probably not get as good of results. It is pretty much impossible to load an image into the cutter exactly square with the world so the concept is that by reading the registration marks the cutter software will understand to what extent the file is sitting skewed and adjust to deal with it. NOT A SIMPLE ACCOMPLISHMENT. 

Im sending this info to craftedge to see what they say. and also on the forum they have for Scalps only .

I Have scalps4pro but never played with the print features or contour cutting with reg marks. Never had the need for it yet but soon will be needing help with print and cut for jpss stuff... When i hear back from them i will post the info if this hasnt been resolved ..