eprcvinyls

How do you like your SC or SC2 machine? any issues? or other

That is a lot longer than it used to do and good to know.   Somewhere down the road someone will ask you to do graphics or stripes on cars, boats, campers so having the capability is good

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eprcvinyls said:

well it let me put in 240 inches but it sure is small on the screen i know you can blow it up. i was just wondering. I don't plan on doing anything longer then maybe 3 feet

wow, just lost a whole reply. guess I got too long winded.

But I bet u end up like the rest of us on here, u will do whatever that paying job is in ft of u wants. lol. I'm not sure what my longest cut is so far, but my sc has handled it. I'm going to guess 12'-16' . Ive lettered work trucks, vans, enclosed trailers, and store fronts. ive posted it on the forum before, but the only reason I have a 54" sc is the 3'x12' sign on my building and me being a newbie thinking no way do I want to attempt tiling something that long as my 1st project. been doing this for around 2 yrs and i  have still avoided tiling. maybe I should go ahead and do a " test" 1 tom. as far as software I think that's an each his own thing. the guy I bought my Graphtec from is a diehard Flexi user about as much as @Primal Decals is with scalps 4.  I have both, a copy of the basic VM that came with my cutter, and that's what I learned on and used for several months. because of a few issues with the program shutting dn on me.  I decided to get scalps. I feel like its more of a cut program, and does better on intricate and small cuts than VM. I mainly use vm for things I have saved in it from the beginning , I'm too lazy to move any of it. lol.  when U S and VM had upgrades at half price over the holidays I thought doing an upgrade and started using it for a week and  I had the pesky pop up saying it had to shut dn daily. so I skipped that idea.  that's why I feel the refurbished 24" sc is such a good deal @ $269 with scalps, a $199 program so your into a cutter for 69 bucks, don't see how u can bet that. wished I had seen a deal like that when I started. I would've learned to tile. lol.

so with your info gathering, have u made a decision on equipment yet?

3 hours ago, cardudenc said:

wow, just lost a whole reply. guess I got too long winded.

But I bet u end up like the rest of us on here, u will do whatever that paying job is in ft of u wants. lol. I'm not sure what my longest cut is so far, but my sc has handled it. I'm going to guess 12'-16' . Ive lettered work trucks, vans, enclosed trailers, and store fronts. ive posted it on the forum before, but the only reason I have a 54" sc is the 3'x12' sign on my building and me being a newbie thinking no way do I want to attempt tiling something that long as my 1st project. been doing this for around 2 yrs and i  have still avoided tiling. maybe I should go ahead and do a " test" 1 tom. as far as software I think that's an each his own thing. the guy I bought my Graphtec from is a diehard Flexi user about as much as @Primal Decals is with scalps 4.  I have both, a copy of the basic VM that came with my cutter, and that's what I learned on and used for several months. because of a few issues with the program shutting dn on me.  I decided to get scalps. I feel like its more of a cut program, and does better on intricate and small cuts than VM. I mainly use vm for things I have saved in it from the beginning , I'm too lazy to move any of it. lol.  when U S and VM had upgrades at half price over the holidays I thought doing an upgrade and started using it for a week and  I had the pesky pop up saying it had to shut dn daily. so I skipped that idea.  that's why I feel the refurbished 24" sc is such a good deal @ $269 with scalps, a $199 program so your into a cutter for 69 bucks, don't see how u can bet that. wished I had seen a deal like that when I started. I would've learned to tile. lol.

so with your info gathering, have u made a decision on equipment yet?

Still plan on the SC2 from US cutter on Amazon cause no high shipping cost. just cause its got more memory and they say a lil better then the reg SC.. I have found 2) SC cutters on FB for sale but there both a hr and half drive away one wants $200 with a lil vinyl other wants $180 with just the cutter.

Few others on fb for sale but there mostly us cutters. If i could find someone selling a used SC2 i might get it but honestly i'm not very confident i will be able to make any or much money with my cutter but i do like to have new stuff.  Ive been selling some my Radio control stuff i dont use and was able to order Black,white,green,red,brilliant blue rolls of 12"x6ft rolls last night.  still plan to order the combo pack from us cutter when i get my money its got the 631 and 651 24"x5foot rolls its got white,red,king blue,green,black of 651 and pink,turquoise,mint,brown,gold of the 631 should be enough to get me started.. ive got a ton of signs i want to make myself So many things keep popping into my head.

I also plan on ordering some green and black HTV to make a t shirt for my wifes sister for her bday. I was going to buy some red,white,pink htv from a local shop whos having a sale on it all 3 for $9.50 but she never told me how much with shipping. its 25 miles one way to her shop i was just there on sat but the sale started today.

ive never seen any cutters on FB , ive looked at several on cl . thought about buying 1 of the cutter and vinyl deals a couple of been selling to get out

3 hours ago, cardudenc said:

ive never seen any cutters on FB , ive looked at several on cl . thought about buying 1 of the cutter and vinyl deals a couple of been selling to get out

My local CL has No cutters listed at all and CL has gotten crazy over the years, we have had a few people end up missing and or dead from meeting folks off CL i trust facebook a little better but yeah within 100 miles of me there about 10 for sale right now well just looked another person has what looks to be a SC1 with a laptop for $600 i think he needs to come down on price by a lot maybe its a SC2 i wish people would put better info on there ads I always put as much as possible someone else has a titan 2 28" for $600 but says the USB on the machine is gone.. not sure what they did.. said the serial cord has a usb port on the end you plug into the PC sounds funny to me. there all far from me, a lady had a Silhoette camro 3 for sale for $100 was going to just get it so the wife have her own but it sold in like 5 mins, i always miss out on the great deals.

8 hours ago, eprcvinyls said:

but honestly i'm not very confident i will be able to make any or much money with my cutter

You'll be surprised how easy it will be to recover your cost and make money. I only do this as a hobby and practically give stuff away I'm so cheap and I've still managed to make a nice bit of change. Gotta love a hobby that can pay for it's self. :)

3 hours ago, darcshadow said:

You'll be surprised how easy it will be to recover your cost and make money. I only do this as a hobby and practically give stuff away I'm so cheap and I've still managed to make a nice bit of change. Gotta love a hobby that can pay for it's self. :)

its just the poor town i live in is why i say that. i know one facebook friend has a aunt who has a craft cutter so she gets her to do all her projects and i had one friend who might would want stuff but seems hes moved on to printed vinyl now. but no worries. this is something i've wanted since i was a teenager. plenty i can use it for. my dad always says buy good stuff and buy once, rather then buy junk and have to buy again later.

Got mine, didn't work out of the box. They sent me a new motherboard to replace myself. Did that and it still doesn't work. will see what they say tomorrow. I didn't pay $500 to go to Cutter repair school.

2 hours ago, NorthGaTactical said:

Got mine, didn't work out of the box. They sent me a new motherboard to replace myself. Did that and it still doesn't work. will see what they say tomorrow. I didn't pay $500 to go to Cutter repair school.

What's not working?  Power?   Motor?  Be more specific. What is happening?  Or not. 

might be wire loose on the control panel then.  These cutters get bounced around a lot getting shipped over to the US, then shipped again to buyers. 

• Like 1