eprcvinyls

How do you like your SC or SC2 machine? any issues? or other

6 hours ago, cardudenc said:

well I can tell u how LOUD an SC model I while cutting. I was making the back office at the shop my room to do all my vinyl in, because  being here most of the time by myself , I moved the cutter up ft and fixed an area to do everything up there . even turned 1 of this display cabinets into a dual purpose jewelry display and lighted table. lol I still have most of my vinyl stuff in that room, but glad I'm not using the cutter back there anymore. was on the phone with @Primal Decals 1 night while using it back there, he asked what was making all that noise. the Graphtec I just bought is night and day different in noise.

Oh LOL. I just was showing my mom the cutters online i watched a SC2 video then a titan 2 video WOW the titan 2 you cant even hear it doing anything you just see it working lol... I wish i could get the titan more i think about it but man that's a extra 200 just for the Regular Titan.. and I have to have money for vinyl in hopes i can sell something to make a lil money back.. its been over 6 months since ive had any income at all.

• Like 1

do like many of us did - start with your sc2 and put some back from each sale toward your equipment upgrades - nothing huge but something like 10 percent adds up quickly

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

do like many of us did - start with your sc2 and put some back from each sale toward your equipment upgrades - nothing huge but something like 10 percent adds up quickly

Thanks for that tip... Good idea.

I started with a p-cut, then got a mh-50" because I thought i needed wider - quickly learned how hard it is to mask and apply wide material and almost all of my signs can be done in elements that a 24" can do - went to a copam, then up to a Roland  - and finally the graphtec.    in years past I would buy out people that bought all the stuff only to find out there was some actual work and skill involved and purchased several roland gx-24, pnc-950, Graphtec ce 3000, ce5000 , ce6000 and a fc4100 - the thing I discovered was the roland hands down will find registration marks easier than any other cutter - but owning a roland print and cut machine I didn't need that and kept graphtecs around because they excel at small fine detail - an area near and dear to my heart.    I didn't start out though with the top of the line - more power to those that can but I didn't have the funds and used the set some back method to fund my upgrades about every year

I had the SC, it was actually louder than the MH.

This new improved, quieter, SC2 is probably the best option for anyone getting the urge to start a cutting enterprise with only seven hundred bucks.

Also, the Titan is not servo -- only the Titan II has that advantage. The standard Titan 24" is now on sale for $495. versus $420. for the SC2. Is it worth the extra $75? Who knows ! Either way, you'll have a great unit.

I stuff dryer sheets into the centers of the vinyl tubes, that is my solution to static.

14 hours ago, slice&dice said:

I had the SC, it was actually louder than the MH.

This new improved, quieter, SC2 is probably the best option for anyone getting the urge to start a cutting enterprise with only seven hundred bucks.

Also, the Titan is not servo -- only the Titan II has that advantage. The standard Titan 24" is now on sale for $495. versus $420. for the SC2. Is it worth the extra $75? Who knows ! Either way, you'll have a great unit.

I stuff dryer sheets into the centers of the vinyl tubes, that is my solution to static.

Wow really dryer sheets , whatever works..

in the dead of winter I run a small humidifier in the room with the printer as it is more susceptible to static affecting the printing  . . .  old school I guess :)

Here's another tip for you, EPRC.

In-Memoriam decals for rear car windows. You can leave business cards to local mortuaries ---  I know this sounds macabre and a bit bizarre, but people who've lost loved ones do sometimes want to show honor by placing a respectful design onto their vehicle.

limo-husband-2.jpg

5 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Here's another tip for you, EPRC.

In-Memoriam decals for rear car windows. You can leave business cards to local mortuaries ---  I know this sounds macabre and a bit bizarre, but people who've lost loved ones do sometimes want to show honor by placing a respectful design onto their vehicle.

limo-husband-2.jpg

Thank you, yes I have always wanted one, some, but ive lost so many. Im trying to work on one now for my truck trying to figure out a good way to word it and w/o having to put so many names on it.. We just lost my Cousin Late Friday night. wish i had my cutter already I would make one for his mother. my aunt.  he was a motorcycle rider rode in lots of rides for cancer and kids and stuff he will be missed by many.

W.o me having to start another thread can someone recommend a good Heat  t shirt transfer was looking at the

Color Theory Primary 10 Color Heat Transfer Vinyl Kit

is it any good, we want to make a shirt for my wifes sister for her bday and i like just make a few to practice remember my heat press is only a 9x12"

most on here use siser,  that's what was recommended so its all ive ever used. its pretty forgiving, my t shirt press is a cheap 9x12 , heat fluctuates, pressure set at..??? and so far no issues. wished I could say  that about the hat press I just picked up. hopefully get the bugs worked out, I believe would have better luck with a new lower plate. but still need something to help pull the hats tight

3 hours ago, cardudenc said:

most on here use siser,  that's what was recommended so its all ive ever used. its pretty forgiving, my t shirt press is a cheap 9x12 , heat fluctuates, pressure set at..??? and so far no issues. wished I could say  that about the hat press I just picked up. hopefully get the bugs worked out, I believe would have better luck with a new lower plate. but still need something to help pull the hats tight

Thanks, that seems to be popular went to a kinda local ( about 25 miles away) Vinyl shop she had siser some pretty glitter ones. she only sells by the sheet 12x24inches like $4 each not sure that's a good price or not. if i had something i wanted done ASAP i guess it be okay. I read on her facebook she does ship its a small shop looks to be mostly dedicated to those curciut and silhouette users as she had some assessors for those machines and lots of 12x24 sheets very tiny rolls about 6 inch wide by the yard is how she sells it

I buy everything on rolls, if popular colors, white,red, blk I buy on the 50yd roll. even htv. the htv I bought with my cutter was 1 of those multi color sheet deals

big mark up on those small pieces they sell for the hobby crowd - 15 ft rolls go for $35

http://www.uscutter.com/Siser-EasyWeed-Heat-Transfer-Vinyl

Oh wow.. Is there a such thing as popular colors? I would think Black and white mostly but then im sure lots want off the wall colors.

how long does the heat transfer last as long its in a ac/heat controlled room..

Also anything else i need to do the shirts? isn't there some kinda paper thing you have to put over the vinyl to press it to the shirt what is proper name

black , white, and whatever the local team colors are for the schools.  teflon sheet to put over them when pressing is recommended - longevity doesn't seem to be a big problem with unused rolls like regular vinyl - when properly applied with right temp, time and pressure it will last as long as the shirt

black , white, and whatever the local team colors are for the schools.  teflon sheet to put over them when pressing is recommended - longevity doesn't seem to be a big problem with unused rolls like regular vinyl - when properly applied with right temp, time and pressure it will last as long as the shirt

Thanks, I know once the shirts are made it should last... The shirts my father used to make said to make sure you turn them inside out to wash for the first few washes are these like that?

I am sorry for all the newbie questions im just someone who like to know as much as I can before jumping into something.. My wife kinda put pressure on me she came up with a shirt design for her sister for her Bday witch is in March lol its going to be 2 Colors, its words with a Lucky charm in the center. her bday is on Saint pattys day.

30 minutes ago, eprcvinyls said:

My wife kinda put pressure on me she came up with a shirt design for her sister for her Bday ...

... and now the madness begins! You are going to have sooo much fun! There are going to be a lot more projects that your wife will think of now :lol:

3 hours ago, haumana said:

... and now the madness begins! You are going to have sooo much fun! There are going to be a lot more projects that your wife will think of now :lol:

She is loving designing stuff on the Sure cuts a lot demo..  I just hope the sure cuts a lot V4 will do everything the demo is letting me do since the demo is the Pro v4

When i downloaded wasn't sure witch one to download just wanted to try one lol. didn't realize at the time the V4 pro was $200.00

The MasterVinyl that comes with the SC2 might be a great program but so far ive not had as much luck with it.

On 2/3/2018 at 7:46 PM, slice&dice said:

How does the dryer sheets work if the vinyl is on a cardboard core? or does it actually work thru it . I wouldnt think it would really.But i dont have static issues on my titan 2 at any length i have cut.

How long can these machines cut? I know the Camero 3 can do up to 10 foot. so i would guess these larger machines could do even longer not sure why you would want to, unless you was putting logs on  side of a 18 wheeler trailer.

39 minutes ago, eprcvinyls said:

How long can these machines cut? I know the Camero 3 can do up to 10 foot. so i would guess these larger machines could do even longer not sure why you would want to, unless you was putting logs on  side of a 18 wheeler trailer.

2 things the more expensive machines tend to have better tracking for longer lengths  - not sure if they fixed it yet but scalp used to have a fairly small artboard area so you was limited as to how long of a decal you could cut from that.  I know they lengthened it from back when it was designed as a cricut machine software but unsure about how long the current version supports.

2 things the more expensive machines tend to have better tracking for longer lengths  - not sure if they fixed it yet but scalp used to have a fairly small artboard area so you was limited as to how long of a decal you could cut from that.  I know they lengthened it from back when it was designed as a cricut machine software but unsure about how long the current version supports.

Oh, so it would be the program not the cutter. i know it lets you put in custom cut mat sizes.

The limits are in both, some machines track better than others so better suited for long projects, but some software limits the size of the project too.   In your scalp you are working with how long will it let you make a design?

well it let me put in 240 inches but it sure is small on the screen i know you can blow it up. i was just wondering. I don't plan on doing anything longer then maybe 3 feet

• Like 1