I got everything set up and I am trying to run my test cut so I can make sure my settings are correct...and NOTHING is even cutting.

I have the SC2 Cutter, and am using Oramask with the 60 blade....I am so confused as to why it's not even cutting the faintest of lines.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

is the blade carriage moving at all, and nothing is being cut? or is blade carriage not moving at all?

what program are you running? do you have it set to use the correct drivers?

Yea it's moving around like it would be cutting the test shape but nothing is happening...I installed the correct drivers...I think?!

Edited to add - I didn't have the blade in the carriage correctly :X (whoops!)...now it's in correctly but I don't know what to do next?

23 minutes ago, haumana said:

is the blade carriage moving at all, and nothing is being cut? or is blade carriage not moving at all?

what program are you running? do you have it set to use the correct drivers?

Maybe I don't have the right drivers - because it says it can't find my cutter?

Now you start by checking to make sure you have the right blade depth, and the right amount of pressure so that you're cutting the vinyl, but not cutting deep into the paper backing. It might take some testing to do them, but once you have the settings, you'll be good to go and can start cutting all kinds of text and/or designs.

kind of of computer?

which program are you using? (and which driver are you using)

are you connected by usb or serial?

Just now, haumana said:

kind of of computer?

which program are you using? (and which driver are you using)

are you connected by usb or serial?

MAC Computer using Sure Cuts A Lot

Connected by USB.....and the driver thing is what's confusing. The test cut/pressure/speed is good!!! :)

I'm not familiar with SCAL, but there are others on this forum who are. No doubt they will step up to assist you. There should be a 'settings' or configuration of some sort in the SCAL, and then you can try the different drivers there.

I have a LaserPoint, which uses a completely different model driver to make it work, so hang in there and someone will help guide you.

Edit: another thing to check, make sure your cutter is "online." I know it sounds stupid, but there were many times that I hit CUT and nothing happens, and it looks like the job is being sent ... and it is, but it's going no where because my cutter is "offline."

15 minutes ago, haumana said:

I'm not familiar with SCAL, but there are others on this forum who are. No doubt they will step up to assist you. There should be a 'settings' or configuration of some sort in the SCAL, and then you can try the different drivers there.

I have a LaserPoint, which uses a completely different model driver to make it work, so hang in there and someone will help guide you.

Edit: another thing to check, make sure your cutter is "online." I know it sounds stupid, but there were many times that I hit CUT and nothing happens, and it looks like the job is being sent ... and it is, but it's going no where because my cutter is "offline."

Thank you for your help!!! It currently says "system is idle..." 

• Sad 1

Betting the USB chipset drivers are not correct - I hate Macs and not a Scalp fan so will defer this to #Primal Decals  - 

I am a mac guy but not a SCALP user. The cheap chipsets in the Chinese cutters are often a problem. May or may not have anything to do with your connection problem. Primal is our resident SCALP user extraordinaire and may happen along to give some help. If I were you I would try downloading the free trial of SignCut Pro and give it a whirl. At the very least you can get a connection to your cutter and be up and running while you dig through your SCALP issues. SignCut Pro has live tech support if you can't get it up and running and will either talk you through it or remote connect and fix you up. Best tech help in the business IMO and a great program for mac users, once you download and install you just set up a support request via email and they will get with you pretty quickly. The older SignCut Pro 1 is only for cutting and very simple text input but I think they have a new version out that has a little more design options. I use the old Pro1 with a lifetime dongle and design in another program. (Illustrator) For me it is a great workflow. Also on a side note the cutting program will also work on a windows based platform so you can cut from either with the same program. No on else can do that.