DAVID INZUNZA

My plotter HM cut random lines like stairs

my plotter cuts ok the first time that i send a design but after it finish i prest cut again and it start to make a lines like Stairs.

i already try diferent USB cable and also with diferent plotter because i have 2 HM 721 and 1 HM 361 and they make the same problem

also i try in a diferent computter.

i try it with diferent software  vinil master.

master cut

flexi sign and all of them do the same proble.

But something strange if i cut it does the work well and if i send it again it make this lines but if y pres reset on the top panel of the plotter and i send cut again it cuts ok and so on.

here i post a video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H6xrVAR8N6UzfvlT2

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-26 a la(s) 08.42.43.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-26 a la(s) 08.42.59.png

The MH has the smallest memory of any cutter - you will need to press reset after each job to clear the memory

Welcome from the USA

so this its normal?

because i just order 6 of this plotter and if its normal i dont think i can work like this its there any way to upgrade the memory or i just have to change my plotter model?

you can try running it thru a tripplite brand serial adapter and that usually controls the speed the data is send and many have found that helpful but there is no way to add memory - it the very basic of value cutters  - the SC would have been a better bet on that or if you are using it commercially a graphtec ce6000-60 would be the way to go instead of the cheapest entry level plotter

You might try running it on a serial cable.

As stated, the cutter doesn't have much memory, but in theory anyway, the amount of memory shouldn't really matter if you have the comms are working correctly. The memory is basically just a buffer to allow the computer to send the data to the cutter faster than it is able to cut. So in theory, once the cut is done, the memory should be clear and you should be able to cut again. I do this all the time with no problems using the cut function in Inkscape.

From my time here on the boards though it sounds like I am the one off as lots of people report problems and resetting the machine/clearing the memory is what fixes their problem. Personally I suspect resetting the machine is fixing a different problem and everyone just accredits it to a memory problem.

Not only does the pattern repeat, but it only moves up and to the left.  Like it doesn't know to go down or right.

Does it do it all in one fluid movement or is it pausing a lot?  ( like where it should be cutting the other two sides of the weedbox or the second half of a letter)

Have you tried Sign Blazer yet?

Is what you're cutting a file, or are you just typing the text into the program and hitting cut?

On 26/1/2018 at 1:57 PM, slice&dice said:

I would be curious if he still has this problem with SignBlazer.

Please troubleshoot using SBE.  http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

Actualli i just install the SignBlazer and make some cutt test and it work well it does not make the same problem so i think it can be any configuration of the software ill try to install again the software to came with the plotter and try again

• Like 1

Well, my my,  whatta ya know! That guy Jerry Bonham (R.I.P.) was a special person -- our cutter community lost one of the best.

Glad to hear you're OK there , David.  :D

• Like 2