bassboy3313

Vinyl Cutter Burning Smell

Hello. I have a knockoff vinyl cutter that is basically the same as the USCutter MH series. The other day I went to turn it on and the screen looked weird. After a minute or so I started smelling a burning smell, looked at the vinyl cutter and saw a very thin stream of smoke coming from behind the screen. I immediately turned it off and unplugged it. I let it sit for a bit and turned it back on. 

Now, the screen flashes on and off in a steady rhythm and the blade hold moves up and down at the same rhythm. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I took the side covers and the screen off and don't really see any signs of burnt wires or pins on any circuit boards. Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thanks! 

definitely doesn't look like any of the refine mh series boards - you will probably have to try to look up who ever sells the brand of cutter it is for a board and hope they sell them - not everyone sells replacement parts = even with that you could be chasing a power supply after that and or a contol board .  most of the time if they don't have the board cheap it is better to just pick up a machine like the new SC2 and get the vinylmaster software with it and a year or warranty - also the probability of getting parts down the line is much higher with USC

The SC2 is out of my price range. I guess I will just have to buy an MH series cutter from USC the same size as this one and cut my losses.