Guest Fortuna

Why is image cutting twice?!

Recommended Posts

Actually I am very picky about what I make. I am just saying I have never had a problem with any text. Well until I upgraded to pro and used one of the fonts from font manager and it was unusable because it was so choppy and that was straight from the program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jp450r said:

Actually I am very picky about what I make. I am just saying I have never had a problem with any text. Well until I upgraded to pro and used one of the fonts from font manager and it was unusable because it was so choppy and that was straight from the program. 

But yet you avoided to answer any question above that was asked.  Still waiting for the vector program you used,  The vector file uploaded, and what resolution of jpeg you are using to trace the fonts.?    Now we would like to know which font was so horrible?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work a normal job and don’t remember the name of the font and will get it when I get home. I figured when I said I had upgraded to pro that it was obvious because you and couple others told where to go to get the discount on up grading. The picture I posted of the vector was 1080x720. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You did not post a Vector file only a jpeg file that said VECTOR .  We are talking about the finished results after vectoring.  A real vector file in .eps. We would like to see your finished results AFTER you vector a groups of fonts from the saved jpeg from photoshop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was after i vectored it. I ran it thru VM pro's vectorizor and thats what it traced out. tell me how to do it differently for the right file you want to see and i will. As for the choppy font thats in the font manager on VM pro, here it is.

SHIT.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you not know what common vector file formats are?    .eps,  .ai. .svg   format?    These files can be imported into most any design software.  We asked you to save/ or export the vector file as an .eps file and post it to the forum. So we could download it, and import into our software, put it on wire frame and look at it. 

I'm moving on.. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jp450r said:

Oh and the name of the font is "COLLEEN".

just checked my fonts in VM and no Colleen - any chance that is one you already had loaded on your computer??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

just checked my fonts in VM and no Colleen - any chance that is one you already had loaded on your computer??

No it was in Font manager. I will see what it was under tomorrow. I know it was under Fancy but the exact folder, i will have to look but the picture is the way it came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

just checked my fonts in VM and no Colleen - any chance that is one you already had loaded on your computer??

I guessing you are using PRO?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jp450r said:

I work a normal job and don’t remember the name of the font and will get it when I get home. I figured when I said I had upgraded to pro that it was obvious because you and couple others told where to go to get the discount on up grading. The picture I posted of the vector was 1080x720. 

So the original JPG was 1080x720? If that's the case then yeah, something that high resolution will probably trace well enough that no one would notice anything in the final results. However, if you look at it in wireframe mode where you can see each individual node, you will still very likely see more nodes than you would if you typed the text out in the vector program to begin with.

Regarding the choppy font, is that how it appears in VM, or the font manager? I ask, because I have seen some viewer programs that for what ever reason do not display a font well yet when used in the actual design software it comes out just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jp450r said:

That was after i vectored it. I ran it thru VM pro's vectorizor and thats what it traced out. tell me how to do it differently for the right file you want to see and i will.

 

Once you vector your file, do you not save it off? If not, I would recommend you start. That way you have the actual file you used to cut saved and ready to go again if you ever need it.

Vector the file then go to save as, and save it as a .eps file, or you might need to export, to get the .eps option. I'm not too savy in VM yet to remember for sure which way it needs to be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each program is a little different in how it handles files and text. VM automatically converts the text to outlines from the get-go so you do not need to type it out and then also vectorize it. I'm not even sure if it will DO that sice it's already outlined. In a lot of other programs, Adobe Illustrator for instance, the text is not outlined until it's told to be and in AI the text once converted is not longer editable in that you can't go back and change a letter in a misspelling etc... where in VM you can and then just send it to the cut without further effort. Your font in question is not one that is included with VM Pro but the font manager will access all the fonts on your computer so it's one you have loaded at some other time. I'm not sure what's going on with your current issue to be honest.  I would do some playing around and try different methods of workflow to see at what point the outlines get messed up. 

As for saving. VM has a proprietary vDoc format that you probably need to decide what you want to do with. If you save as the vDoc then you MUST have VM to open it back up. Probably not an issue as long as you know that up front. You can export the file as a vector in several formats which would be necessary if you were wanting to share with anyone not having VM. The problem with saving them off as some other format like .eps, svg or .ai is that you then have to start a new blank project and import them into it every time you want to use it again which is slow and painful for a regular workflow. So while I highly recommend saving your files, even basic text cut files, the decision which format to save in is more complicated. If it were me I would probably stick with the vDoc out of shear ease of future use. The long term potential problem would come if VM ever went defunct like SignBlazer you would have to go back through and try and save off all those files before your program went dead or you'd lose all your work. I can't even count how many work files I have saved but I am always surprised how often I need to re-open one or re-purpose it. I am an Illustrator guy so my files are all in .ai which is handy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 10:59 AM, Wildgoose said:

Each program is a little different in how it handles files and text. VM automatically converts the text to outlines from the get-go so you do not need to type it out and then also vectorize it. I'm not even sure if it will DO that sice it's already outlined. In a lot of other programs, Adobe Illustrator for instance, the text is not outlined until it's told to be and in AI the text once converted is not longer editable in that you can't go back and change a letter in a misspelling etc... where in VM you can and then just send it to the cut without further effort. Your font in question is not one that is included with VM Pro but the font manager will access all the fonts on your computer so it's one you have loaded at some other time. I'm not sure what's going on with your current issue to be honest.  I would do some playing around and try different methods of workflow to see at what point the outlines get messed up. 

As for saving. VM has a proprietary vDoc format that you probably need to decide what you want to do with. If you save as the vDoc then you MUST have VM to open it back up. Probably not an issue as long as you know that up front. You can export the file as a vector in several formats which would be necessary if you were wanting to share with anyone not having VM. The problem with saving them off as some other format like .eps, svg or .ai is that you then have to start a new blank project and import them into it every time you want to use it again which is slow and painful for a regular workflow. So while I highly recommend saving your files, even basic text cut files, the decision which format to save in is more complicated. If it were me I would probably stick with the vDoc out of shear ease of future use. The long term potential problem would come if VM ever went defunct like SignBlazer you would have to go back through and try and save off all those files before your program went dead or you'd lose all your work. I can't even count how many work files I have saved but I am always surprised how often I need to re-open one or re-purpose it. I am an Illustrator guy so my files are all in .ai which is handy.  

Yes the colleen is included with VM pro. I was just going thru the fontmanager option and theres like 5 different versions of it. Whan i get get back to my computer i will tell you exactly how to get to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...