Tirsh

Getting my cutting plotter to accept my files

Hey all,

So I'm very new to all of this. I'm trying to use a Mimaki CG-60SL Cutting Plotter. I've installed it onto my laptop but when I try to print it using the plotter it isn't picking up the device, but when i go into my control panel it says that the device is installed correctly. Am i going about this the wrong way? How do i get my design to print on the plotter? 

hoping for some help

Ahhhh, Newbies!

It's a plotter/cutter, no printing is involved.

If you want help, you gotta help us first by providing details of your computer operating system and how the Mimaki is connected to it (USB? Serial?), the software you have installed to design/cut, and what your design consists of.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Welcome aboard Tirsh.  Like s&d said, we need more info to get you going.

I will say this though.  Do not tell the cutter to "print", tell it to "cut".  If you have a pen tool installed in the machine it will draw out your design when you tell it to "cut".

Cal

Just a bump to this Necro-thread.

When first using a cutter right out of the box, to make sure it's even communicating and operating, just remove the blade holder itself from the retaining arm on the carriage. That way, you don't have to have any media loaded at all, and can see the cutter in action to verify all systems are "GO"