jRose

Clean up a logo with Vinylmaster Pro

This might be a silly question but I was wondering if Vinylmaster Pro has the ability to clean up a logo that I am trying to vectorize and cut? Its not a very clean logo that I have so it ends up looking really sloppy once I go through the steps to prepare to cut. After vectorizing the logo I played with the image correction under trace settings but that wasn't enough help for this logo.

There is no magic button, even in VM Pro.   Garage in = garage out.  

It's up to you to clean up the trace to your satisfaction.  Pretty much everything experienced person here will tell you that you'll have to clean up any trace alittle bit.  

Since your logo picture isn't very clean it'll require alittle more work.   

There are people and companies that'll do it for you for a reasonable price.  Probably around $20-40.   It depends on the logo.   I've done it a few times and I've always passed the cost onto the my customer for not having a logo in vector format.  Most of the time I'll give them the vector file also and explain to them how and when they'll need to use it.  

• Like 3

How complex is the logo, it maybe easier and faster to recreate it, or manually trace it. Manually tracing is a good skill to have regardless. If the image isn't protected and you don't mine posting it, post it up and we can offer suggestions on how to get a good vector version to use for cutting.

• Like 4

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.