Sign in to follow this  
A51graphix

New cutter ????

I’m looking at cutters will the lp Il. Cut reflective or florecent?     Looking for a cheaper cutter to do this.    Not looking to do this as a business just mainly personal race car lettering thks 

Welcome. It should cut florescent fine and mirror (1-mil-2mil thick) reflective just fine. 

Hi there.

The LPII is discontinued.  There's a few Refurbished ones still offered.

check out the SC2 or for just a little more the Titan has a better chipset for usb communicaiton

What about these metallic vinyl’s.  Will the lp2 and sc2. Titan cut those.    Everything I read it’s heck on blades     Thks for everyone’s info. 

all of them will cut them fine - but those materials will eat blades a lot faster than normal vinyl.  You just have to factor the extra cost of blades into the price of your final product

your cutter is the heart of the operation so it is the last place to skimp on when starting out - I also recommend the vinylmaster option unless you use a mac

• Like 3

you definitely found the best place to ask question and get good knowledgeable help. I ordered a sc model which came with vinyl master cut. I was looking at the LP 2 and when i called in to U S cutter the sales rep talked me out of it. his thoughts were either start with 1 of the cheapest because if you like doing this you will want to upgrade to 1 of the more expensive servo cutters. He actually recommended the MH series. after researching those I went with the sc. another reason in my choice was the 54" model and price. didn't know anything about this, so I wanted a cutter large enough to do my sign in 1 cut. and i could get it in my starting budget. I was trying to get my equipment and everything to do the sign at our shop for the price i was quoted for a sign shop to do my sign.  within 2 months I upgraded to sure cuts a lot pro 4 cut program.  i wasn't a member on here before ordering or asking questions. even though the sc has done everything i needed, including what you asked about.  i think I would've started with the titan 2 for the servo motor. recently I have found refurbished titan 2 for under $700.

This SC2 unit has been introduced as the premier unit of their line in the low-end stepper cutters.

Now if only there's some way that a 31" servo Titan 2 SE (Special Edition) machine can be imported and sold for $40 above the 24" size !!  (Just as the 31" SC2 is $40 above the 24" size)

Just wishing...

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

This SC2 unit has been introduced as the premier unit of their line in the low-end stepper cutters.

Now if only there's some way that a 31" servo Titan 2 SE (Special Edition) machine can be imported and sold for $40 above the 24" size !!  (Just as the 31" SC2 is $40 above the 24" size)

Just wishing...

my best guess is that is just the first batch of titan2 SE - bet there will be more coming but for a unit that cost over twice as much as the sc2 betting the next size up will be more like $90-100 more -  upgrades scale like anything else  - but just a guess.   that new t2se does look very nice though

Ive been looking at both of those cutters. I already know what the sc model will do. so the is sc2 is supposed to be better. but i figured hold out for a servo instead of getting another stepper.