ExposeURDesigns

Pricing for installing

I already have a vinyl deal with a company to cut the decals and graphics for their service trucks, thy are now asking for a price to install them... is there a theory on this.??  I am attaching pictures

I am doing the John Deere and beard logos the yellow and black stripes...

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

You will probably get different answers- ranging from 75-150.00 per hour for new installation only.  No removal. If you have removal - charge by the hour I guess. 

Don't do it for free- plenty can go wrong that may require you re-cutting the decals. 

Definitely will get mixed opinions on this. I dont charge by the hour for install, I go buy the job.  For removal of something is the same but i do a test area and that gives me a better idea as well to let me know if it will be an easy or difficult removal.

I charge based on a learned estimate of what I think it will take. In other words I estimate based on an hourly rate and give the client a hard price. He doesn't usually know what I want to make per hour just the final price and if it goes good I make more per hour. Most basic installs I figure a couple hours. Those job boxes will be time consuming possibly. 

Also be careful what you get yourself into because all the John Deere stuff is copyright protected without a release from an authorized dealer. If they ARE an authorized dealer make sure you get something in writing saying they are authorized to commission your work on the cut vinyl so you don't some day get your rear in a ringer. 

• Like 6