Phil from the Fox

Signblazer has stopped working claims to be a virus

I have been running Signblazer now for 10 years, maybe more. apart from the fact that it has always been running as a trial version ( which gives me time to put the coffee on in the morning) its served me well across almost all versions of windows from windows XP, maybe even Windows 95, through to Windows 10. that was until today. I used the programme yesterday all fine, today tried to open Signblazer and get all sorts of virus warnings. Signbalzer opened but was corrupted like with all sorts of weird Colours and not all the buttons etc and windows started to give all sorts of virus warnings. I did as I have always done in these circumstances that is to use the original disc to effect a repair, windows will not alow this as it says the disc is a virus.  So my question is has anyone else has this if so did you fix it and how. I am confused I have tried all the scans etc but can not seem to get the problem sorted 

thanks 

Have you tried setting up your anti-virus to ignore the signblazer program? The code of signblazer has long been thought to be a virus by most scanners simply because the program is so old and how it did things are not considered "safe" in today's computing world and anti-virus programs think something suspicious is going on.

You should be able to setup your On Demand scan to ignore individual programs that you know are safe and ok to run.

Solution number 2 is set up a cheap cecond computer just connected to the cutter, not to the internet (transfer files with thumb drive). No anti virus to slow it down, no virus they net to stop production, and capable computers can be found for $50-$80.  Did this 10 years ago and no problems since

Phil how are ya?!

First things first.

Uninstall the program.

Next, restart your computer.

Now, download and run the v7.0.0 from this link (make sure your anti-virus is DISABLED before you attempt this, since darcshadow's explanation is accurate)

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

After you do that, you'll have a clean, no-trial SignBlazer application.

Get back to us when you complete these steps and are again in business.

• Like 1