Hi there - I got a Titan 2 for Christmas and was really bummed at the lack of instructions / guidance that came with the machine. I contacted support and was supposed to get a sheet of paper that directed me to links to see the manual, and guides, but my machine didn't come with that.  I was able to find information online (but it was really scattered about and is still lacking the kind of instructions I am looking for).  I feel like I'm shooting in the dark.  I had to search around to figure out how to move the rollers.  I saw someone post something in this forum about reading the manual - but the manual doesn't say anything about HOW to move the rollers or that the Titan 2 rollers are evidently really difficult to move (as I found in another post).  I also had a tremendous amount of frustration with setting up the stand as the video I found was moving so fast my husband and I had to keep pausing and rewinding the video over and over and over to figure out how to get it together (this was from the us cutter Vimeo page). 

This is my very first vinyl cutter.  I had never seen one in person or see how it was used other than a few videos on YouTube.  I have a CO2 laser that came with videos, an incredible manual and tons of online support.  What I was hoping I could get with this machine was a cheat sheet of sorts that gives you some basic setting starting points for different vinyl materials.  I use my cheat sheet with my CO2 laser every time I start cutting / engraving new materials.  It gives me a baseline to start from that I can tweak / test from there.

Do you guys have anything like that for Vinyl cutting with this machine?  I've included a picture of my laser's cheat sheet so you can see what I'm talking about.     

Thanks in advance for your help.  Sorry if I come off as a little whiny.  I really want to learn how this machine works, but feel like I got this awesome device and it's totally up to me to figure it out (via a TON of searching around online).

Lolly

IMG-3162.JPG

here is the support section for the titan series on the support area of the uscutter website

https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/folders/14000106614

From Mz. skeeter and the method used most for accurate blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Thanks, @Dakotagrafx.  I have seen that page.  It doesn't have what I'm looking for.  Thanks for the blade settings tips.  I've seen those and feel I have that part figured out.  I'm looking for settings based on vinyl types.  I have Oramask 813, greenstar outdoor vinyl and some oracal 631.  Speed & pressure starting points specifically.  I'm guessing they just want you to totally shoot in the dark until you figure it out and waste loads of material?    

here is the support section for the titan series on the support area of the uscutter website

https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/folders/14000106614

From Mz. skeeter and the method used most for accurate blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

a test cut is usually a small square and triangle that doesn't use much material - every cutter and material will be slightly different so learning how to find the right blade exposure and and force is part of learning your particular machine.  even someone with another titan, titan2, titan3 etc will have slightly different settings.   speed - slower is always better.

a test cut uses about 1/2" to 3/4" of material and will continue to make progressive test across your material so you can do about 15-25 test cuts with only 1" running length of material

on force we have seen mainboard changes in the MH cutters where the same cut is made with 80 for force and the later boards were like 140 to make the same cut - and force can also be affected by what blade you are using as a chines blade will  take 40 percent more force to make the same cut as a cleancut brand blade . . .  

Welcome aboard, LollyC, and happy new year to you.

The above instructions will get you cutting in short order.

I want to suggest to you that if your cutter has a pen tool, that you start using it as you begin working with your machine.  It is quite often that I read from new users that they are frustrated and have wasted "tons" or "yards" of vinyl trying to get a design from screen to cut vinyl.  I always run new designs through the plotter first before committing to vinyl.

Cal

• Like 2

I concur with the previous posts. In a nut shell once you get set up and cutting you can record your own numbers for various vinyl. Most likely there will be a light setting for cast vinyl like 751 and 951 and a higher pressure setting for Calendared products that tend to be thicker and stiffer. and those will do 90% of everything you cut.  I recommend NOT trying to cut too fast. Don't won a Titan but if your speed setting goes from 50 to 800 then cut around 200 to start out. (1/3 to 1/4 of your max speed) 

Be careful when fine tuning your pressure that #1 you have set your place depth properly first as mentioned at least twice above. #2 that you start lower then you need to and work into it the first time so you don't cut clear through your backing and into your cutting strip which can break a tip. Expect to fine tune this pressure setting with material changes and room temperature and humidity changes. Vinyl is a finicky thing sometimes and one roll to the next can change even in the same product. 

• Like 3