MrJoel

rubber adhesive backed gun grips and cutting

Ok guys, I've had a friend who owns a gun/self defense youtube channel with millions of subscribers ask me a question.  He wants to know if I can cut a self adhesive textured rubber (like talon grips) with my Titan 3.  I have no idea if it will cut it (I do have clean cut 60 degree glitter blades) and If i can, where to buy it.  Any suggestions?

Im very curious on this now ...  waiting .....  Have you tried doing a hand cut with it like when you first set your blade depth?

I have cut a few sets, I used a cricut cutting mat and did two slow passes on each piece and they came out good. I got my material from a gun show a few years back, but you can buy a 5" x 7" piece from Talon for  $10

Wanting to see if anyone knows the manufacture that talon buys their stock from or something similar.  I know it used to say 3M on it

this is interesting.  thank you Primal for the link above. I have a tangential cutter that I may test with this material. I wonder if one can place application tape for transfer?  You probably wouldnt want a design with too much cut away...

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_3029.JPG

• Like 1

No problem...I think our cutter and a 60* blade would cut this fine even with a textured surface because you dont need such perfectly clean edges for a pistol etc application .but im guessing .Guess i will have to order some as well.