bwest5

ce5000 registration failure

Hello.  I just started using my ce5000 with Graphtec Studio to create stickers - print on inket printer then cut with cutter.  I think I am creating the design correctly in Graphtec Studio:  open new document, add png file, trace the outline of the design, add registration marks then print.  Next I load the 8.5x11 sheet of sticker (cricut) paper in my ce5000 then send to the cutter within Graphtec Studio.  Everytime, no matter where the registration marks are, it fails with a registration failure error.  My registration marks are as long as they can be and as dark as they can be and the design is within the registration marks.  Do I need to set any other settings in my cutter?

Thanks for any helpful hints, advice or things to try.  This is very frustrating!

hello, and welcome to the forum.

Is it reading the first mark? typically for Graphtec Crop marks, you need about three- four plus inches of empty space- outside of all the marks- front back, left and right. And your wheels need to be about that far outside the mark. You may wish to dis-able these sensors ( others on this forum have).

Between the wheel sensor limits, and vinyl sensors- that could be giving you trouble.

Yes, it does seem to read the first mark.  I will look for info on how to disable the sensors and try again.  Thanks for the advice...I have had this cutter for a few years and never used it until now!!

It seems as if my graphic (cluster of small images) was too large.  I shrunk the size of the graphic and it worked.  

I tried disabling the media sensor with the original size graphic, but it didn't help.  I will look for a wheel sensor...

I can't believe how much material is wasted when using registration marks.

Thanks again!

glad you got it working,   I know it uses a lot of material. but keep in mind that function is usually for printed vinyl that is 24 inches wide.

you can try toggling between Type 2 and Type 1 marks if my memory is correct.