I am wondering if there is a way to get my printer to cut in order of the vinyl... instead of jumping all around cutting here then there then back to here...the cut would be completed quicker if I can get it to cut in order.. I do have Vinyl Master Pro 

Thanks

Printing?  Sounds like your cutting, with your vinyl "cutter"   The cutter is not a printer.unless your using a pen tool, then it's a plotter. . .. Unless your software has a step by step cutting function, or another name (optimize cutting order,)  then no. that is how a vinyl cutter works. Step by step cutting would not be advised for detailed designs.   

Are you having problems with vinyl tracking?   You do not mention which vinyl cutter. 

sorry about the lingo... I have a US Cutter MH871-MK2  and the software is Vinyl Master Pro...no tracking issue just seems like it is doing a lot of skipping blank vinyl then returning to cut it

I was looking at Vinyl Master Pro demo  and  after clicking  SPOOL ALL>Preview,, on the right side bottom you can check  REDUCE TRAVEL..   That may or may not help you,  because doing that also uses up a lot more memory,And those MH cutters are very limited on memory. 

your welcome

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ExposeURDesigns said:

That was it thanks man I really just cut my time in half

Wow!

You might look into A. upping your cut speed B. reducing the number of nodes in your designs and C. make sure you are not cutting any part of the design a second (or third) time.

As an example, a circle or oval shape can be cut with 4 nodes.  Any more than that creates extra "work" for the cutter.

And welcome aboard, glad to have you here,

Oh, one last thing, Ms Skeeter is a lady:D  and a real helpful one at that!

Cal

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VinylMaster said:

You can set the cutting order here and even watch a preview of the cutter's blade cutting:

image.thumb.png.860899739b7c831628d24705c7d9c2af.png

image.png.09d93df82d90b883d55a2da2e9428713.png

What am I missing?    I've never seen those buttons before in my VM and I have both PRO and DSR versions

I am just messing around with the demo,  but when Vinyl Master opens you have the GATEWAY.  on the left side at the bottom it says UPDATES/UPGRADES. 

50 minutes ago, VinylMaster said:

You can download the program at any time from the original webpage you were given. These sites are updated all the time. 

Thank you.....  Got it.   

Are the "Install_Extras" updated also?   Should I download that again too?

Guest Mike

So I have a question and hope someone can answer this. I have the same style cutter I just wanted to know what would I need to do to keep vinyl from drifting from left to right?

8 hours ago, Guest Mike said:

So I have a question and hope someone can answer this. I have the same style cutter I just wanted to know what would I need to do to keep vinyl from drifting from left to right?

That drifting is called off-tracking and it is one of the primary benefits of the higher end machines over the budget cutters. There are ways to reduce the problem but ultimately the budget cutters are limited by this. 

9 hours ago, Guest Mike said:

What steps do you take, before sending the job to the cutter, to ensure that your vinyl is loaded as straight as possible? Do you jog the vinyl forwards and backwards to see how much it will drift prior to sending the job?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.