MrDenny

Question

Hey guys, I'm new so "hello"  I bought an old Packard bell with flexiletter 5.81 installed. It has the dongle connected so I was able to play around a little. My question is, can I buy any plotter so I can start cutting? Or does it have to be compatible with the stone age software. I didn't pay much so I'm not a posed to buying a few hundred dollar plotter. Any help would be appreciated. It's only a hobbie.

generally if you buy a new cutter it will come with current software - with all of uscutters plotters you can now chose between vinylmaster and scalps - with vinylmaster being preferred in my opinion.
Welcome aboard

• Like 1

Hi Denny,  There's an absolutely terrific SC2 machine offered for $299. 419. and when it arrives, you'll be all set-up and cutting within half an hour. The P-B computer of yours has a serial port probably, so you'll be using that for connecting.

Just be sure to obtain some vinyl, along with Transfer tape (app tape). Plus the tools you'll need, like pickers, knives, scissors, squeegee, ruler, and whatever substrates you intend to work with (banners, magnets, yard signs, etc.)

Let us know how it all comes together for you.

4 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Hi Denny,  There's an absolutely terrific SC2 machine offered for $299.

Where?  On   Ebay and Amazon the  SC2 24" is $399  FREE ship   and on UScutter website it is $419 for 24"  plus ship.   Cutter, stand and software only.   I also noticed the  red Laser Pointer11 is gone. 

Hmmmm, when it was 1st introduced a few weeks ago, $300 was the 24" pricing, so now it's $100-120 more, oh well, that's still a fair value.

I would like to see someone put together a video of their SC2 arriving, unboxing, assembling stand w/unit, software installing, and cutting.