Chriscarp746

Image help

Can anyone give me an idea on how to get this image onto a shirt. This is a pic that I think the customer downloaded from Pinterest. I've ran the image through Vector Magic and

it just wont clean up enough and I've even tried tracing it in scal 4. Any ideas? I've tried other images just like this one also.

Sample.png

Too small to trace well...not to mention the grey watermark...

You will have to enlarge it and redraw/recreate it yourself.

Sue2

Watermark, Pintrest etc... al clear signs that the image is copyright protected. You want to put your business in jeopardy over a shirt? Silly. Find the owner and get or buy permission. 

• Like 1

the water marks were from a previous image, I was just wondering if there was a way to trace this that I didn't know about or if anyone had a different idea.

560.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/725712927425707326/

Copyright protected. For sale etc... Illegal and the forum will not help out, sorry.

Make something yourself that is original.  I am assuming you have a cutter and a graphics program. This is a customer support forum set up for the USCutter customers and others who may become such. Great pool of knowledge and help when it's appropriate. 

• Like 1

I know (knew) where the image come from, I was just looking for some insight as to how I could download a particular image and be able to cut it. I'm still new to all this so

I'm sorry if I offended anyone or asked anyone to do anything illegal, that was not my intention.

Have a great day.

Ok well we CAN help you out with that. What program came with your cutter? You need to build a vector file to cut from. Images are usually a raster based file which contain pixels such formats are JPEG, PNG GIF etc... they are for printed work. Cut work needs to be in a vector format which are lines and curves with fills. Your cutter doesn't "see" the fills but just follows a cut line with the drag knife. Your cutting program will separate the fill colors into groups and (most do anyway) and sends appropriate info to the cutter to cut a specific color and then you load another color into the cutter and cut the next and so on. 

Let us know what program you currently have and we will give you more specific help with design. 

Auto tracing is iffy at best in most programs. If you have a really high resolution image auto trace can do a decent job, but best bet is to manually trace/recreate an image. In this example, it wouldn't be too hard, the shield design is pretty basic and could be done by hand. The fonts will be a little trickier but most decent design programs and distort fonts as in the design. The only thing you wouldn't get would be the grunge/worn look, and with cut vinyl you really want to stay away from that type of design anyway.

• Like 2