Sign in to follow this  
hhsg

Pricing printed reflective vinyl

Has anyone printed on reflective vinyl and how much you would charge per sq ft. 

Thanks 

Hello,

Yes - I can print on reflective ( mirror like) outdoor vinyl and contour cut. I have two types of mirror material - 2mil and 1 mil. Price really depends on the file, and number of colors since I use a thermal pigment printer.  How many colors, is the file clean and print ready, and you need contour cutting? 

I'm sorry Jburns I didn't make myself clear on the headline.  I have a customer wanted to know if i ever printed on reflective vinyl. They are looking for a sign to be printed to put at a corner on they factory lot.  I haven't printed on the reflective before.  I should have said if anyone has printed on it and how does it turn out on colors to be reflective.  And what would you charge per sq ft.  Once again sorry.  Thanks

after you buy the $1200-$1500 roll set your price accordingly keeping in mind waste and issues  - - I use an engineering grade 3m and generally runs about $XX(not disclosed publicly)  sq ft but there are all different grades of reflective

This is just a guess, but are you asking if what you print on on the reflective is going to be reflective?

I don't think so. Could be wrong, but wow, that would be cool.

I gotcha.  You mean reflective like for emergency vehicles, or tow trucks.  But for a full sign, that's not in my specialty - check with Dakota.

I can just help with smaller items ( I don't have any to price, but would be 14 inches wide on 3M280i, then printed with transparent color on top).

reflective-03.jpg

• Like 1