Sign in to follow this  
lockman

New 630 cutter won't cut!

I have a new PCUT CTE630 cutter that will not cut! I have read many of the posts on this forum and none of them seem to solve the problem. I have it on com1. When I change ports I get a communication error. On com1 it gives no such error. I have the other parameters set as recommended. 9600,8,n,1 CRE630 hpgl, etc. When the "cut tile' dialog is clicked the text on the screen outlines in blue and I get the progress bar as if it is cutting but the cutter just sits there. When I try test cut function within the cutter it cuts the small rectangle so I know the cutter can cut. I called the support number at 1:30pm MST and was informed that this was after hours. Today I called at 7:30am MST and got the same message. If the hours are 9-4 M-F how is this possible? Should I send this thing back and cough up the money to buy a real cutter from Roland?:thumbsup:?:D?:D?

I had a wild hair guess and replacing the serial cable with another cable rectified my problem. Yee haw!

Now I'm going to do some work.

I always suggest that when there are communication problems and many times it has worked.

I have a new PCUT CTE630 cutter that will not cut! I have read many of the posts on this forum and none of them seem to solve the problem. I have it on com1. When I change ports I get a communication error. On com1 it gives no such error. I have the other parameters set as recommended. 9600,8,n,1 CRE630 hpgl, etc. When the "cut tile' dialog is clicked the text on the screen outlines in blue and I get the progress bar as if it is cutting but the cutter just sits there. When I try test cut function within the cutter it cuts the small rectangle so I know the cutter can cut. I called the support number at 1:30pm MST and was informed that this was after hours. Today I called at 7:30am MST and got the same message. If the hours are 9-4 M-F how is this possible? Should I send this thing back and cough up the money to buy a real cutter from Roland?:thumbsup:?:D?:D?

7:30 am MST is 6:30 am pacific time.

Get a roland,pay the price. I'll stack up my refine and my brother's pcut against roland anytime,as far as reliability is concerned.

down banner down  :D i hear ya! they just panicked a little. i think they're ok now. :thumbsup:

Can you tell I am defensive about US Cutter? I know how hard Ken works ( I wouldn't do it for any amount of money)... I know how hard Marcus tries to give us the best product and support... yet they still get way too much negative feedback and if ken is as sensative as I am,he probably takes everyone personally.

Anyhow,glad the problem is solved... a different cable is always a good starting point.

to quote my friend Sherlock Holmes:

“It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important”

Hmmm guess I have been cutting "imaginary" things with my "fake cutter" lol. 

I am gonna go cut some Pretend money now.  :thumbsup:

I'm in the same boat you are. Mine acts like it is sending to the cutter but nothing happens. I have set all the settings just like everyone on here has tried and still nothing. I'm using USB connection on my laptop with vista. If anyone can help please let me know. My e-mail is djewell@hillbillymail.com or if you want i can give you my phone number and talk that way. Please help

I'm in the same boat you are. Mine acts like it is sending to the cutter but nothing happens. I have set all the settings just like everyone on here has tried and still nothing. I'm using USB connection on my laptop with vista. If anyone can help please let me know. My e-mail is djewell@hillbillymail.com or if you want i can give you my phone number and talk that way. Please help

If you are using the USB cable, go to Cutter, then Setup in SignBlazer and make sure you have CT630 HPGL as the cutter, and the OutPut device will be the only one the says USB Serial Port---- could be COM3, COM4, COM5....whatever, but it will also say USB Serial Port.

I am having the same issue.  I've suggested everything in this post and some others and have found no resolution to my issue.  Sometimes the cutter will start to cut (and seems to be cutting the "drag lines" between the first letter) then it stops, resets and shows "ON LINE".  I'm getting pretty frustrated.  I've checked the test cut feature and it worked very well.  I've used the small rectangle test cut feature and it works well.  I know the cutter can cut (and well!), so I must be overlooking some setting that I can't figure out.  Additionally, I've had no luck registering my software (registered it twice and have yet to receive an activation code - check my junk mail folder as well).  Tried to go to the site suggested and was greeted by a "site under construction" banner.  Can someone please help.  Thanks. 

SignBlazer is undergoing an ownership change since Jerry passed away, and the Activation Code server is down for now. In the meantime, you can use the Trial Mode to do everything the activated mode would do, you just have to click on Trial Mode when you open the software.