I recently purchased the SC2 and have been trying to download the drivers for it with zero luck. I have clicked the link to download for windows. When I open it, there are no apps/files to run for downloading the drivers. Anyone know how to resolve this?

the owner's manual says to download drivers from here. I downloaded it but there's no execution (is that the right term?) for it

image.thumb.png.4ba72c2bbb27c5046cf8d2d0e1687265.png

It's not,  follow the instructions

When setting up the SC series vinyl cutters it is recommended to be plugged into the computer via USB.To add the SC Series cutter into the VinylMaster software, first click open VinylMaster and select File. Then select Cut/Plot and then Vinyl Spooler. On the Vinyl Spooler window, click the Connection tab. There will be an option to add the cutter by clicking the ADD button. Select your model cutter from the list and click Install.

Once the cutter has been installed, select the correct Port Type under Connection Method.  For the SC series cutter you would set the port type to Direct COM port. After setting the port, you would click on the Auto-Detect (Direct COM) button and follow the prompts on the screen to have the cutter recognized by the computer and software.

Do you know if I can run scal4 with this cutter? I finally got the cutter to work with vinylmaster but I'm in a crunch and don't have the time to learn a whole new software right now. All my files are scal files. 

never done it on the new value cutters but I would right click over the ftdibus and ftdiport and click install personally - 

uscutter version of scalp works with this cutter and I believe the one purchased directly from craftsedge will have the drivers in scalp too for the cutter (not the ftdi drivers listed above) 

1 minute ago, DDonald said:

Do you know if I can run scal4 with this cutter? I finally got the cutter to work with vinylmaster but I'm in a crunch and don't have the time to learn a whole new software right now. All my files are scal files. 

I don't use Scalp or have a SC cutter.   Look at the cutter menu in Scalp....Is Liyu   or SC there?  

It finally responded but not well..haha. The cutter I had before had some of the same issues. When I click cut, it doesn't move on the cutter but acts like it's cutting in the software. I had to unplug from the usb port EVERY time I made a cut. I've got to be close but...

15 minutes ago, DDonald said:

It finally responded but not well..haha. The cutter I had before had some of the same issues. When I click cut, it doesn't move on the cutter but acts like it's cutting in the software. I had to unplug from the usb port EVERY time I made a cut. I've got to be close but...

Value cutters have cheap Chinese USB chip sets. They are not TRUE USB.  Best to run serial cable or put it on a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter, that is the brand name.  Example  find the best price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-PC-Mac-USA-19HS-1-Pack/332477650853?hash=item4d693657a5:g:IgIAAOSw0wRaKPth

Looks like I've got it to where I have to wait until the progress bar completes and it says the job is finished and then it starts to cut. Major pain since that takes away from the benefit of a faster machine but at least it's cutting. Thanks for the help. I will definitely be looking into that adapter. I just have to get through the next few days!

3 minutes ago, DDonald said:

Looks like I've got it to where I have to wait until the progress bar completes and it says the job is finished and then it starts to cut. Major pain since that takes away from the benefit of a faster machine but at least it's cutting. Thanks for the help. I will definitely be looking into that adapter. I just have to get through the next few days!

That is what the Keyspan Adapter is for also, it controls the data sent, so that it is not all going at 1 time.  

• Thanks 1