Hello, all. Couple of questions:

What brands should I stay away from?:

What brands should I look in to:

BEST BRANDS: Hotrinox....

MID-LEVEL: ?

LOW-END: ?

Also, what features MUST I have?

Which features are gimmicky?

Thank you all in advance for your answers.

Gimicky would be in the all in one category. Those are kind of sucky for all the extra stuff they are supposed to be able to do. Spend more on a dedicated press. 

I know starting out is a lot of money but if you can find a way to budget for a Fusion do it. I looked at several high end options and settled on the fusion and after having it I can't tell you how glad I am I went this way. The threadable platen and quick change options make production a snap. I can say with authority the thing has paid for itself in saved time in a single season. I also suggest getting the 11"x 15" and the leg/sleeve platens. The 11"x 15" turned sideways is perfect for hoodie fronts so you don't fight the heavy front pocket seam holding the platen up and the leg/sleeve will slide in most necks (thanks again to the totally threadable design) to do long sleeve shirts and across the shoulders on football uniforms etc...

This just my $0.02. I started with a budget swing away press and ran it for about 2.5yrs. That works too but OH the difference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the fusion as well 16x20 bought it earlier this year i think lol.. Great press. So glad to have it .It was my first press ever.