Beavis97

SC Uscutter Not Finishing Cut?

I just bought an SC 54in cutter and sometimes it does not finish cuts in spots on what I am cutting out. It does not do it all the time, but if I cut more than one decal at once that is when it will most likely do it.  Something like not finishing a line all the way or maybe a letter . Just somewhere on the decal it will not finish something. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before

2 things, first make sure your blade exposure is set like Skeeter has posted over and over again, second is add to the overcut in your software if it had it.     Not to be confused with offset as if your corners are good you do not want to mess with offset, but adding a little to overcut helps your problem on the stepper motor cutters

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

2 things, first make sure your blade exposure is set like Skeeter has posted over and over again, second is add to the overcut in your software if it had it.     Not to be confused with offset as if your corners are good you do not want to mess with offset, but adding a little to overcut helps your problem on the stepper motor cutters

Ok I will check that all out. Yeah was just reading some of Skeeter's post on that. Thanks for the info. Really want to get a servo motor cutter soon, but man someone sold me this machine, box of vinyl, tools and few other things for $100.. Could not pass it up. LOL

• Like 1

That blade needs to spin freely 360* within the bearing.

Just a heads-up, every once in a while you should remove the blade holder, and take it apart -- remove any little bits of vinyl trapped in there, add a drop of sewing-machine lightweight oil, and reassemble (or even replace the blade if the tip is chipped, which is entirely possible especially on a used machine that you have no idea what was done before you got it and maybe you haven't changed blades since obtaining it).

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2017 at 11:31 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

I think there should be a Main Tab on the main forum page that says -" Start Here"---- How to set your blade depth before you start cutting anything.   That way when a new person shows up it will be Right there on top...Some people may not even know how to describe what it is called etc and they end up having to ask the Million Dollar repeated question lol..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

I think there should be a Main Tab on the main forum page that says -" Start Here"---- How to set your blade depth before you start cutting anything.   That way when a new person shows up it will be Right there on top...Some people may not even know how to describe what it is called etc and they end up having to ask the Million Dollar repeated question lol..

been stickied for years under instructional contributions section of the forum - 4th topic down

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/forum/39-instructional-contributions/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

been stickied for years under instructional contributions section of the forum - 4th topic down

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/forum/39-instructional-contributions/

Oh ok thnx . I think it should just be out in plain sight .Since its a very important key note. but i guess it will do lol.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

I don't think the blade depth is the problem, but double checked anyways. Sometimes it will cut fine and then other times it will just be in a random spot on the cut where it does not finish the line that it is cutting and goes on to somewhere else and starts cutting. I know these are low end cutters, Had an MH871 for 7 years and never had it do this. I just got the Vinyl master Cut and is all new to me. Was using Signblazer before. For $100 just couldn't pass up the cutter and other stuff it came with. Would really like to put some money away to get a good servo motor cutter.

Do you also have this same problem with SignBlazer cutting this design on the SC?

Thanks for the help guys. I got the Tripp lite serial adapter and replaced the cutting strip. looked a bit worn. Seems to be doing fine now

• Like 1

what program are u using to cut with? I just opened my version of VM cut and was having this issue. come to find out, the way things were changed in an update .... overcut was cut off.

On 1/8/2018 at 9:08 PM, cardudenc said:

what program are u using to cut with? I just opened my version of VM cut and was having this issue. come to find out, the way things were changed in an update .... overcut was cut off.

I have been using Vinyl Master Cut, Inkscape and Vector Magic. Sometimes I still go back to Signblazer til I get use to the Vinly Master